A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Heitmiller:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Heitmiller is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heitmiller
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Heitmiller Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Heitmiller, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Barrett Esophagus
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
Education & Awards
Dr. Heitmiller graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Heitmiller has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Union Memorial Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard F Heitmiller MD is a male Surgeon, has 32 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Richard F. Heitmiller practice?
- Dr. Richard Heitmiller has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Heitmiller practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Surgeons.