A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Helmers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Helmers is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Helmers
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Helmers Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Helmers, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Helmers graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Helmers has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Mayo Clinic hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard A Helmers MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Richard A. Helmers practice?
- Dr. Richard Helmers has 3 office locations.
Dr. Richard Helmers practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Rochester, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Jacksonville, FL.
See Rochester Internists, Rochester Pulmonologists, and Rochester Critical Care Practitioners.