A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Helmers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Helmers is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Helmers
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Helmers Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Helmers, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Helmers graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Helmers has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Mayo Clinic hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard A Helmers MD is a male Internist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Richard A. Helmers practice?
- Dr. Richard Helmers has 3 office locations.
Dr. Richard Helmers practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Rochester, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Jacksonville, FL.
See Rochester Internists, Rochester Pulmonologists, and Rochester Critical Care Practitioners.