Dr. Richard Hempstead MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 20th, 2016
Since he is a good doctor, there is a waiting list for new patients, but once you have initial visit, the follow ups are according to the serious of the problem. He cares for his patients heath.

April 19th, 2016
Never!

April 19th, 2016
Never!
Gave one star because there is no way to give none! Scheduled an appointment 3 months ago as a new patient, my husband has to schedule his days off @ least a month in advance because he works M-F 5am-7pm. Received a call the day before the appointment and was told they had to reschedule as the doctor had to go out of town. Luckily Dr. James Kerners office actually has great patient care and customer service, as they were able to get us in for that very next day! As far as doctor Hemptead is concerned, if this is how they treat you before they have your money, I can't imagine how they treat you once they do! Will never try to see him again, will never recommend!

April 24th, 2015
Patient
Very knowledgeable and gets things accomplished quickly! If you are a new patient, it will take several months to get in. It is worth the wait.

September 4th, 2012
Excellent dermatologist with outstanding ethics. He will not accept drug samples, trips, etc. from sales reps so he will not be obligated to them.Good sense of humor and good bedside manner. I don't have insurance anymore; his office charges me about forty percent off the insured fee for paying cash.

April 22nd, 2011
My Dermatologist for 20 Years
Dr. Hempstead has always spent as much time with me as needed to address my issues, and he is very concerned with preventive approach to skin care. Preventing skin cancer is his # 1 priority.

October 30th, 2010
Sketchy office surgery-very unprofessional!!
I went to Dr. Hempstead for removal of a cancerous mole. He diagnosed a skin condition making me vulnerable to disease. I had my surgery in his office on a Sunday, with his daughter assisting----extrememly unprofessional!!!! I like the doctor, but allowing an inexperienced 'girl' to assist in my surgery made me very uncomfortable and my scar is horrible. He told her is she kept leaving the room, because looking at my open leg-made her sick!!!..that it would mean a bigger scar for the patient. I was awake-right there!! I couldn't just get up and go somewhere else.. I have the ugliest crater filled scar, granted removing cancer from my leg is life saving----the hero needs some work. Running an office with your family, unless they are qualified, puts patients in danger. Last straw? Having the appt I've waiting a year for canceled one month prior, because he's taking a leave.. By the way, when he comes back, he won't be taking my insurance!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous.

August 5th, 2010
Best derma doc that I have seen in 20 years.
Here is the best dermatologist that you can find here in the SW. He very rapidly completed the exam, treatment, prognosis and turned me loose. He will be my doctor for my skin's life. Always willing to try and work you in. Very personable - good sense of humor to help you get thru the bad times. I have been coming tohim for 3 years now.

May 17th, 2010
Best Dermatologist in the COUNTRY!!
Dr. Heampstead is 100% committed to Dermatology, being totally committed to his field he goes above and beyound the call of duty. I have the worst case of skin diease out there and Dr. Heampstead fought toothe and nail to make sure I recieved the medical as well as financial means to survive. In addition to stablizing my condition somewhat allowing me to once again face the public eye without continued thoughts of suicide. I personally have seen over 30 Doctors thus far and there is not one even close to Dr. Heampstead and his performance. May God always keep you and bless you Doctor!!