Ophthalmologists, Pediatric Specialist
300 Locust St
Ste 490
Akron, OH 44302
330-535-8000
Locations and availability (8)

|  Wonderful Dr!  |  show details
by Robin Shivak on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr Hertle is both a gifted surgeon and caring physician. He genuinely cares about the patient, their eyesight and is comfortingly confident. I highly recommend Dr Hertle and his staff for any eye problems. Thanks Dr Hertle for fixing my eyes!

|  Thank you Dr. Hertle  |  show details
by Andri P. on Sep 3rd, 2013

My son has ocular albinism which includes nystagmus. We visited several "top" pediatric opthamologists in Atlanta. Even though most were kind none gave us any hope that there was anything to improve my son's vision, which at four years old was 20/200. I specifically asked them if there were any studies being done and was told no. Thankfully, a teacher at the Center for the Visually Impaired in Atlanta told me about Dr. Hertle's work. Dr. Hertle did surgery on my son and put him in contacts. My son is 15. His acuity is 20/60. He is driving. My son's life was changed by Dr. Hertle. Our family is forever greatful.

|  THE World Expert  |  show details
by Bob Unferth on May 10th, 2010

He diagnosed and treated my nystagmous after 67 years of opthamologists failing to diagnose, failing to understand, and being unable to undertake or recommend any helpful approach. I came away knowing more about nystagmous than nearly all opthamologists, and with very significantly improved vision. I wrote a paper about it: My New Eyes.

|  Fantastic Physician  |  show details
by Mike's mom on Apr 12th, 2010

Dr. Hertle has been my son's nystagmus doctor since he was a baby. He is one of the top doctors our country has. Without him we would have been so lost. My son is almost seven now.

|  No other like him  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2010

Dr Hertle saw my son for the first time at 2 months old he found there were a number of things wrong with my son's eye's he watched him very closely and was startinng to go blind by the time he was one Dr herle caught it very quickly and he had his first surgery with in a month he is the reason my two year old can see his mommy and live anormal life I could never thank him enough he is a wonderful Doctor and person my son will never see anyone but him

|  show details
Feb 25th, 2010

As far as we are concerned, there is NO other eye doctor then Dr. Hertle. His knowedge and caring helped my son to live a much more normal life then if we would not have seen Dr. Hertle. He was the first doctor that my autistic son would let examine without a fight. He was excellent both times my son had surgery. His kindness and caring of his patients is like no other.

|  An amazing Physician  |  show details
by Lorraine Howley on Apr 2nd, 2009

Dr. Hertle is a very special physican. He is always willing to go the extra mile for his patients. My daughter has been his patient since she was 4 months old. He has always handled her with respect, care and understanding. He is always up for a challenge and when he isn't sure of the answer he gets help from colleagues and other staff members. Any one who is suffering with Glaucoma, or any other eye disorder are in wonderful hands with Dr. Hertle.