Dr. Richard Hertle MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 1st, 2016
Mother
Dr Hertle has been AMAZING with the diagnosis, treatment, and follow through of our son's nystagmus. Our son had the surgical procedure to correct his congenial nystagmus in 2008. The improvement noted was instantly and he has thrived in his academics and extra curricular activities because he can actually see now. He goes back every other year to see Dr Hertle and Dr Hertle is absoulutely wonderful with him and so encouraging!!! We have a strong family history of nystagmus and until we met Dr Hertle, there were no other alternatives for treatment. He has been a blessing to us and although he is now over 120 miles away from us, he is well worth the drive for his expertise. We can't thank him enough for giving our son the best opportunity for a normal, high functioning life.

July 1st, 2016
3 yr eye surgery
We are very lucky to have this doctor available to our child. He made me extremely comfortable knowing my daughter was being put to sleep and around her eyes needing cut. He is very honest and answers all questions and concerns. He makes sure you're prepared for everything going to happen.

April 15th, 2016
Nystagmus
Dr. Hertle helped me see the world. I had eye surgery when I was 16 years old from dr. Burnstien and went back to see about wearing contacts and started wearing contacts at 29 years old. I was happy that I went back to Akron children's hospital. I did have 20/200 when I was little and went from 20/60 laat year and between 20/50 to 20/40 which means I will be able to drive soon.

October 8th, 2015
Miracle Doctor
Dr. Hertle and his team performed a terrific nystagmus, strabmismus et. al. surgery of the eyes of my goodson René. We travelled twice from Germany to Akron. Dr. Hertle changed the life of my godson René. We are so grateful. Dr. Hertle is a miracle doctor. Dr. Hertle we thank you so much!

February 19th, 2014
Wonderful Dr!
Dr Hertle is both a gifted surgeon and caring physician. He genuinely cares about the patient, their eyesight and is comfortingly confident. I highly recommend Dr Hertle and his staff for any eye problems. Thanks Dr Hertle for fixing my eyes!

May 10th, 2010
THE World Expert
He diagnosed and treated my nystagmous after 67 years of opthamologists failing to diagnose, failing to understand, and being unable to undertake or recommend any helpful approach. I came away knowing more about nystagmous than nearly all opthamologists, and with very significantly improved vision. I wrote a paper about it: My New Eyes.

April 12th, 2010
Fantastic Physician
Dr. Hertle has been my son's nystagmus doctor since he was a baby. He is one of the top doctors our country has. Without him we would have been so lost. My son is almost seven now.

March 17th, 2010
No other like him
Dr Hertle saw my son for the first time at 2 months old he found there were a number of things wrong with my son's eye's he watched him very closely and was startinng to go blind by the time he was one Dr herle caught it very quickly and he had his first surgery with in a month he is the reason my two year old can see his mommy and live anormal life I could never thank him enough he is a wonderful Doctor and person my son will never see anyone but him

February 26th, 2010
As far as we are concerned, there is NO other eye doctor then Dr. Hertle. His knowedge and caring helped my son to live a much more normal life then if we would not have seen Dr. Hertle. He was the first doctor that my autistic son would let examine without a fight. He was excellent both times my son had surgery. His kindness and caring of his patients is like no other.

April 2nd, 2009
An amazing Physician
Dr. Hertle is a very special physican. He is always willing to go the extra mile for his patients. My daughter has been his patient since she was 4 months old. He has always handled her with respect, care and understanding. He is always up for a challenge and when he isn't sure of the answer he gets help from colleagues and other staff members. Any one who is suffering with Glaucoma, or any other eye disorder are in wonderful hands with Dr. Hertle.

January 12th, 2017