Overall Review

May 23rd, 2015
Fantastic Doctor with a very professional staff.

May 6th, 2015
Could not have better care, anywhere, with any doctor. Simply outstanding!

April 30th, 2015
Dr. Hightower has been my primary care provider for 12 to 13 years and I have never had an unpleasant experience in his office or with him. I have recommended him to friends and some have gone to him and had the same experience.

April 9th, 2015
the best general practitioner we have ever had
Dr. Hightower is the best general practitioner we have ever had. His know how is impressive and so is his commitment to the well being of my wife and myself.

January 11th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr Hightower for about 7 years. I even followed him from Chatham Parkway office. I trust his ability as a doctor and do not plan on leaving.

January 2nd, 2015
Seems to be in a hurry now!

August 6th, 2014
President, R M Bush & Company
Dr. Hightower and his staff are the absolute best. He has a great disposition with his patients. He listens to his patients and responds to your concerns immediately. He does not try to railroad you with knowledge that is over your head. Being a former military doctor, he understands that bureaucracy is sometimes the cause of the problems, and he just wants to cut through that and get to her needs. He is nurses are the same way for sure. Great Doctor to have on your side!!!

March 29th, 2014
Dr. Hightower and staff
Very thorough, good communicator. Usually not a long wait but if there is I figure he is helping someone who needs it.

September 3rd, 2013
Poor bedside manners
I have seen Dr. Hightower several times, and at every appointment had to wait at least 30-45minutes for him to come in the room very hasty not really listening. He picks up on a few key words and wants to send you for every test in the book of course at the SouthCoast imaging center...part of his group!

July 30th, 2013
Patient for at least 5 years
I have been a patient with Dr. Hightower for a few years and I must say that I am pleased with him. Every time I call, I can usually always get an appointment the same or next day. He has always been courteous to me and listen to whatever problems that I may have. If he is not specialized in that area, he looks at my insurance and makes sure that I am covered for that person he has outsourced. Sometimes I would have to wait a extra 5 or 10 minutes to see him but I feel that it is worth it. Dr. Hightower was the only doctor to diagnose me for Cervical Cancer and IBS-C. I apologize that others on here did not have the experience that I've had with Dr. Hightower but I am not willing to change doctors for anything in the world. I hope that you can found a doctor that works better for you because I can not afford to give up this one.

July 9th, 2013
This Dr. hears me!
He doesn't just listen. I can ask questions and get real answers. I have never been rushed or brushed off, he takes the time to be sure I understand. I have found his advice to be helpful and his manner to be respectful. I've been through five previous doctors to find one that communicates. He's a keeper.

September 18th, 2012
This Dr. waisted to months of my life by giving the the wrong meds. that I told him I could not take.
I visited Dr. Hightower when I was first laid off from my employment, about 2.5 months ago and was having a very hard time dealing with it. I was not examined in any way. upon my visit. He suggested that I take Celexa..which, I promptly informed him I could not take it because I had been on it before and had adverse reactions to it..he insisted...so, I spent a month on this horrible med. I was charged $150 for this. I went back to him a month later...all the while, still filled with anxiety about not finding a job and my bills piling up and suffering from the side effects of this med. After waiting an hour for my scheduled visit..he comes in, looks at me and says that I need professional help and then tells me to increase the dosage from 20 mg to 40 mg daily. He spent not two min with me. Then charged me another $100 for nothing. This man has no bedside manner, no compassion what-so-ever. I was already in a horrible emotional state and for him to tell me that I needed professional help that he could not give me...devastated me. I was not 'examined' my him...he just looked at me like I was some kind of freak of nature. I did however, speak to the Office Manager, she set me up that day with Dr. Cohen...I got what I needed from this man...after he asked me questions, spent time with me and actually examined me, like he should have. And, I did, because of the office manager..get a refund of the money that I spend of a total of $250. But, this man wasted 2 months of my life when I could have the right medication to help me and could and would have a job by now. My mother sees him and so does my brother...I spoke to them both about this and they said they had experience the same felling when visiting him. Just hurried you right out and no compassion or bedside manner. I will never suggest this Dr. to anyone and regretted even seeing him. I have never had a dr. treat me this way. BTW..my mother requested her medical records and is planning on go to another dr.