Dr. Richard Holloway MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 11th, 2014
rude and impatient
His staff is rude from the receptionist who acts like you are bothering her by calling! Then there is his nurse whom you will spend more time talking to than him of course and she is the nastiest nurse I have ever encountered. On my 1st visit there after the nurse walked out of the room my husband looked at me and said "I get the feeling she hates us"! And for no reason it was a very typical 1st visit to a Dr. just very basic but that is the vibe she puts off. Also she cuts you off while you are speaking and talks to you like you are stupid. I know this review isn't about the nurse but like I said she is the one you will deal with the most. As for the Dr. himself, well he has an ego problem. Yes most Dr's do but this was particularly bad and whatever you do DON'T ask a question because that makes him mad. I agree with what someone else said about him helping with the sleep apnea and CPAP however he also seems to think that's the only thing wrong with you. Yes i have sleep apnea but i also have a totally seperate heart condition and everytime I would ask about any symptom I had he would always blame it on the sleep apnea.

September 8th, 2013
EXTREMELY rude
Definitely the most rude Doctor I have ever seen. He was very short with me and rushed me through my description of symptoms. He even had the nerve to be condescending about the fact that my husband and I have different last names, I was there for my heart condition not to be judged by the fact that it is 2013 and I can keep my last name if I chose. I have just never seen a doctor so unprofessional and would not recommend him to anyone.

February 15th, 2013
Great Doctor
I was admitted to the hospital and I had him as a cardiologist. I was very scared and he made me feel at ease. I was admitted for a second time and again he made me feel at ease and this time I had to have a cardiac cath done and I was terrified but he did a great job and explained everything to me prior to the procedure and after the procedure. He spoke very seriously about heart disease and sleep apnea and how they coincide with eachother. I had to push my primary doctor to listen to me over this because even though I clearly had been diagnosed with sleep apnea she for some reason was reluctant and would not order CPAP. Dr. Holloway wrote her a letter and I spoke with his nurse and within a week I had another sleep study with CPAP and now I don't have night time palpatations that wake me up anymore. I couldn't be more pleased with him and his staff who work so diligently to make sure you are taken care of. The only negative thing I have to say is that he talks super fast but he will explain it again if asked.

December 31st, 2011
This Doctor Saved My Life!
Dr. Holloway is very busy, and you may have to wait to get in. But this doctor knows what he talking about. I was born with a heart condition. I also have severe sleep apnea, and if I didn't listen to what he told me to do I would probably not be here typing this.

May 28th, 2017