A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Howells:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Howells is Poor.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Howells, MD is board certified in Otolaryngology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Howells graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown.
Dr. Howells has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Nason Hospital
- Altoona Regional Health System Altoona Hospital Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Howells accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 12 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard C. Howells practice?
Dr. Richard Howells practices Otolaryngology near Altoona, PA.
See Altoona Otolaryngologists.