Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Pain Free show details Pain Free
by Charlotte on May 21st, 2015

I must say Dr. Hurley has changed my life!!!! I am so grateful to him. And for those of you who complain about being over weight and not being pleased with him...well, all I can say is Yes, extra weight does cause extra pain...A pill is not gonna heal you...You must make an effort to take the first step and help yourself...I don't go in asking for pills to solve my problem with him. I get one injection. I was one who almost couldn't get out of bed by myself and now Life is so much sweeter. His staff is friendly the office is nice and clean and the wait time has never been long for me. I tell all my friends that live in pain to go to him...He changed my life for the better and I am so very grateful...Dr. Hurley..Keep up the fantastic work!!!!!

Bad Experience show details Bad Experience
Mar 31st, 2015

My experience was very similar to all the other negative reviews. Told me my pain was all in my head and that I was "out of shape". Made rude comments indicating that I was lazy and needed to be forced to exercise. He made sure to point out he was 64 years old and could still do squats and he demonstrated. I was referred to this dr for pain relief. All I got from this visit was I was fat and lazy. Couldnt get a full sentence out without him interrupting. Horrible bed side manner.

Very pleasant experience show details Very pleasant experience
by Cynthia on Mar 19th, 2015

I read all the reviews before going to my first appointment with Dr. Hurley and I would like to say that my experience was very pleasant and I would recommend him to others. He is nothing like he is portrayed in the negative reviews. His staff makes you feel comfortable as well. Pain management takes time and work by both the patient and doctor.

Horrific Experience show details Horrific Experience
Mar 13th, 2015

Horrific Experience! Dr Hurley explained that my husbands MRI was terrible and he needed not only a surgical procedure, but also injections in his neck. then he said because he smokes he is an addict and refused to give him the pain medicine hydrocodone, but insisted that he take Codeine, which he is highly allergic to.. Dr Hurley told my husband.go ahead and take medicine that makes you so sick you cant work because it will keep you from becoming an addict while he operates and performs procedures on his neck. Seriously??

Perfect Doctor show details Perfect Doctor
by Patty Aranda on Feb 16th, 2014

Dr. Hurley never rushes through my appointment and takes a genuine interest in me and my health. Love this doctor!

Depends on you also. show details Depends on you also.
by Dorynda B. on Aug 20th, 2013

I knew when I saw Dr. Hurley that he had mixed reviews. He is truthful, blunt and very helpful. I have not had any bad experiences with him or his staff. We have worked through several different options on pain relief, which I am not pain free nor do I expect to be, but I received more relief than I have had in years. If you want sugar coating you will need to find someone else. If you want someone who will work with you and be honest with you, then he is your man. He spends time with me at my appointments and we are still working through issues I have. And yes, if you are gaining weight he will expect you to work on that. He is in the field of "pain management" and in my life management is the best I can expect. Pain free - when I see the Lord will be when I am pain free. No sugar coating, just the truth. I truly do appreciate what he has done for me and I do recommend him to people. He really is a funny man when you get to know him.

Ridiculous! show details Ridiculous!
Mar 12th, 2013

I was skeptical of going here in the first place when my doctor referred me here and I read all the bad reviews online but decided to give it a try. The reviews on this office were correct and wish I just went with my gut and stayed away. Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you can ethically run a doctors office. Unorganized, unprofessional, and completely rude staff. They overbook so if you are running 3 minutes late expect the receptionist to be snippy and cancel your appointment with his nurse sticking up for her. Out of all the years of waiting tables at restaurants to get through college I don't think I was ever treated and talked to as horrible as this office. If your doctor referred you here, request someone else!

Professional and Direct show details Professional and Direct
Aug 23rd, 2012

I appreciated Dr. Hurley's efforts with me. At every turn, he did all he could. Yes, he lectures about weight and smoking - GOOD. Losing weight helped me a LOT. He encourages his patients to live as best they can, and to maximize their own efforts. I wish more doctors were as practical and genuine as Dr. Hurley.

Dec 16th, 2010

I was greeted by Lisa at the checkin desk. She was professional and kind. The entire experience was amazing at the clinic. The doctor was knowledgeable about my condition and made recommendations to lower pain level.

STILL IN PAIN show details STILL IN PAIN
Dec 29th, 2009

HE IS A TOTAL JERK [@#$&*]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 30th, 2009

does not seem to care how bad your pain is just thinks you can do anything you want and the pain is all in your head when it is not if you was not in alot of pain why would you see him and something about a person having a little weight on them he will act like that is causing the pain

Weight show details Weight
Oct 3rd, 2008

Don't bother to go see him if your over weight!