Dr. Richard Hyman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 9th, 2017
TOP HEART DOCTOR IN LOS ANGELES
I have sent family and friends to him with various problems. Some heart and some other internal medicine problems. They each reported back to me that he was the best doctor they have ever seen. The first time I heard it I didn't believe it but by the 6th time I felt it had to be true. Then I needed clearance for a procedure and I saw him and they were all correct.

May 3rd, 2013
PLEASE READ!!!!
Dr. Richard Hyman was probably one of the worst physicians that I have ever seen. While his staff were very professional, kind, and efficient, Dr. Hyman was not. In fact, he exhibited very little regard for my health, was impatient, argumentative, and arrogant. The most troublesome part of my visit with Hyman was the fact that he was unfamiliar with some basic and commonly prescribed hypertension medications. Let me stress that I realize that doctors are not there to be our friends, but are there to evaluate our health and address medical conditions. However, I expect a physician, with an expertise (in this case cardiology) to be familiar with basic statin medications and not have to ask me their spelling and look it up on google. Several times Hyman felt the need to remind me that he has been in practice for 36 years, which based on his attitude, bedside manner, and aptitude tells me that perhaps it's time to retire... Once in the exam room, Dr. Hyman spent all of 3-4 minutes with me and left me in the exam room and said that he'd be right back. For nearly 20-25 minutes I waited in the exam room before an employee came across me waiting for his return. She apologized and stated that the doctor was done. Fortunately, she came into the room, otherwise I would still be waiting! Note: they do NOT validate so this only exasperated the cost of parking to nearly $20. In conclusion, there is something very wrong with this doctor and I was sure to inform the person who referred me to him, who actually didn't even know the dr. I was told that he is a "workers comp doctor", which does not excuse him from neither his lack of professional conduct, bedside manner, or ineptness. I caution anyone who is referred to, being sent to, or contemplating going to see Dr. Hyman that you strongly consider going elsewhere. Isn't your health worth it???? Thank you..

September 2nd, 2016