Dr. Richard Horowitz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 10th, 2017
Absolutely Amazing
He is the best doctor and has the best team for Lyme Disease and Co-Infections.. Yes. There is a waiting list. True that the office visit is paid outright, and you have to submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement. The reality is, I am seeing more top quality doctors lean toward this payment model. The insurance companies do not want to pay the providers and most doctors offices have to hire a full time person to fight with the insurance companies and they are still not paid fairly. In addition the insurance company can no longer dictate the treatment plan. Yes. Each office visit is $395.00 - But it is the best money I have ever spent. I do not feel rushed, he listens to all of my complaints and develops a treatment plan, based on my symptoms. I have never spent less than an hour face to face. I have never in my life felt like I was receiving individual care, but I do now! It is working and It is worth every penny. I feel like they really care about me, and my progress. His LPN is amazing... it is an honor to be treated by him as well. Truth be told: I was disabled before I started treatment. I was diagnosed with CFS, and MS. I was has having problems with my heart as well. I have made tremendous progress... I am no longer on heart medicine. I did not have CFS, MS or any other hopeless black hole diagnosis. I had Lyme Disease and Babesia and Dr. Horowitz and his staff saved my life. My Advice: If there is a waiting list... then wait. Even if the waiting list is 6 months, it's worth it. His latest book, "How Can I Get Better?" will help you get started. If your cognitive function is impaired have a loved one read it for/with you.

August 16th, 2016
Great group
John Fallon and Dr. Horowitz know there stuff. My son was misdiagnosed by several doctors and after seeing Dr. Horowitz's group he is on the road to recovery. My son was the first child saw by the group 12 years ago and because it took 2 years to find out what was wrong with him he is being treated for chronic lyme. Thanks for helping him out

June 2nd, 2016
He saved my daughter's life. He is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful man. He is changing the world for the better!

August 30th, 2015
Caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable assistant. They deal with the sickest patients here and try to reach as many as they can. We are happy with the care we are receiving.

January 7th, 2015
think twice
We have been seeing Dr. Horowitz a while. His PAs have been leaving and he travels all the time. He is very smart and brave but his office is a mess. The staff are rude and some of them plain stupid but condescending and obnoxious. I can accept smart occasionally rude people but stupid rude people impact my quality of care. You may get expertise here but how consistent will be iffy and don't expect them to care about you.

November 14th, 2013
Rude doctor
I've found Dr. Horowitz to be extremely rude and arrogant. He knows what he's doing, but has no bedside manner at all. Really doesn't listen. His PA/LPN are much nicer and compassionate people. Unlike many others I've never had a problem with his office staff. Never found them to rude. I do think Dr. Horowitz spends way too much time out of the office. He's over committed. Too much time spend with ILADS, trips to China, and now a book tour. I actually think Dr. Horowitz suffers from Lyme himself. I've seen him rage.

June 12th, 2012
Doc Horowitz is The Best!
I drive from Ohio to see Doc Horowitz and his staff. He is very,very knowledgable about Lyme and the many coinfections. I was extremely ill with Lyme and 7 other coinfections. Today I feel a million % better than I did when I first started seeing him and his staff! I Highly recommend Hudson Valley Healing Arts Center!

April 6th, 2011
wasted 1000.00
First appt of the morning, dr.Horowitz 55 minutes late.I heard him reaming out one of his employees out in the hall apparently in front of the whole staff.when he finally did come in the room, and I started to explan my symptoms it seemed like anything I said made him say oh that's lime. Automatically set me on a antibiotic. Treatment plan before even doing blood test. My opion is he is only interested in getting you in there and getting your money. Which by the way is cash only, and very expensive

May 14th, 2010
Great with Lyme and Babesiosis. Caring man. His staff was rude. We were told every appointment had been cancelled when we showed up even though we had a card with the date and no message had been left at home. I did the six months of treatment and moved on! Helped get me back on my feet. I think he is a very caring man.

February 2nd, 2010
Excellent care/frustratin office staff
Dr. Horowitz is the finest diagnostician and medical doctor our family has ever experienced. He is devoted to a preventative medicine approach, is thorough and unhurried. Despite the often frustrating behavior of his office staff, we heartily recommend him.

July 20th, 2017