Overall Review

2.6

November 2nd, 2016
Chronic Lyme Care at Dr. Horowitz's Office
I had a terrible experience here, and I would strongly recommend not going to this office based on my own experience here. I was yelled at by the PA I saw when he lost his temper and became frustrated over a mistake he, himself, had made. The staff of receptionists were consistently impatient and arrogant when dealing with me, as well. I was told to email should I have any questions, and when I'd do just that, many of my questions which I condensed into a single email went ignored. Therefore, I was forced to reach out again, and later was penalized unjustly with a fee for this. I've never dealt with an office with such an ego, such arrogance, to treat a patient so dismissively. The ways the office was run and how the medical staff handled things calls into question the very medical care they're giving. I have lost thousands of dollars to them and they were ceaselessly nickel and diming me, creating new fees and penalties along the way. I've come away from this experience deeply disappointed and outraged at the arrogance, lack of compassion, and the way I was taken advantage of, being sick and desperate for help.

August 16th, 2016
Great group
John Fallon and Dr. Horowitz know there stuff. My son was misdiagnosed by several doctors and after seeing Dr. Horowitz's group he is on the road to recovery. My son was the first child saw by the group 12 years ago and because it took 2 years to find out what was wrong with him he is being treated for chronic lyme. Thanks for helping him out

June 2nd, 2016
He saved my daughter's life. He is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful man. He is changing the world for the better!

August 30th, 2015
Caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable assistant. They deal with the sickest patients here and try to reach as many as they can. We are happy with the care we are receiving.

April 16th, 2015
need help getting an appointment
I have tried and tried to get an appt with Dr h but am still on his endless waiting list. Office staff is non- responsive. It would be great if he was in the office more treating people who are suffering & really need his expertise.

January 7th, 2015
think twice
We have been seeing Dr. Horowitz a while. His PAs have been leaving and he travels all the time. He is very smart and brave but his office is a mess. The staff are rude and some of them plain stupid but condescending and obnoxious. I can accept smart occasionally rude people but stupid rude people impact my quality of care. You may get expertise here but how consistent will be iffy and don't expect them to care about you.

November 14th, 2013
Rude doctor
I've found Dr. Horowitz to be extremely rude and arrogant. He knows what he's doing, but has no bedside manner at all. Really doesn't listen. His PA/LPN are much nicer and compassionate people. Unlike many others I've never had a problem with his office staff. Never found them to rude. I do think Dr. Horowitz spends way too much time out of the office. He's over committed. Too much time spend with ILADS, trips to China, and now a book tour. I actually think Dr. Horowitz suffers from Lyme himself. I've seen him rage.

April 10th, 2013
impossible to get an appointment or call back
After 4 phones and voice messages on the answering machine over a two week period with no call backs I give up.

June 12th, 2012
Doc Horowitz is The Best!
I drive from Ohio to see Doc Horowitz and his staff. He is very,very knowledgable about Lyme and the many coinfections. I was extremely ill with Lyme and 7 other coinfections. Today I feel a million % better than I did when I first started seeing him and his staff! I Highly recommend Hudson Valley Healing Arts Center!

April 5th, 2011
wasted 1000.00
First appt of the morning, dr.Horowitz 55 minutes late.I heard him reaming out one of his employees out in the hall apparently in front of the whole staff.when he finally did come in the room, and I started to explan my symptoms it seemed like anything I said made him say oh that's lime. Automatically set me on a antibiotic. Treatment plan before even doing blood test. My opion is he is only interested in getting you in there and getting your money. Which by the way is cash only, and very expensive

May 14th, 2010
Great with Lyme and Babesiosis. Caring man. His staff was rude. We were told every appointment had been cancelled when we showed up even though we had a card with the date and no message had been left at home. I did the six months of treatment and moved on! Helped get me back on my feet. I think he is a very caring man.

February 2nd, 2010
Excellent care/frustratin office staff
Dr. Horowitz is the finest diagnostician and medical doctor our family has ever experienced. He is devoted to a preventative medicine approach, is thorough and unhurried. Despite the often frustrating behavior of his office staff, we heartily recommend him.