Dr. Richard Imes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.7

July 23rd, 2010
I agree completely with first reviewer!I would not return to this doctor.

June 3rd, 2009
he's ok
Dr. Imes himself is a friendly, elderly man. His own work is fairly quick, albeit a little rough. (On the plus side, he'll personally ensure you hear about your preliminary MRI tumor results ASAP. On the the downside, I've had my eyelids flipped back before and eye size measured, and it didn't require my lids forcefully pushed back over and over and head being gripped.) HOWEVER, the appointment, which wasn't even a routine eye exam, took 2-3 HOURS! Why? Because he has two residents taking turns to practice on you before he sees you. Even worse, is these interns, despite how friendly they are, have bad handy work. (Don't get me wrong, they're LOVELY people, I just wouldn't want them to work with my eyes.) They over dilated my eyes and their eye examination techniques were rather sloppy. For someone who's seen many professional and resident eye doctors annually for the past 12 years, I've had better. In fact, I'd say these two residents' techniques were among the worse three I've encountered. I was expecting Dr. Imes to look at my eyes and was never told until the visit I'd have TWO residents experimenting on me. Lastly, I have to complain about their computer medical files systems. I came for a follow up, waited an HOUR to see him, and was eventually told, my eye MRI could not be pulled up on the computer so I have to go home and I'd hear about the final results over the phone sometime that night, a week from then, or perhaps sometime over he took his second vacation...Overall, Imes' office pretty friendly. He himself, his residents, and his secretary are pretty amicable. (FYI, his secretary Stacy is really helpful with working with various insurance and making sure everything is processed on time.) However, the wait times, residents' poor ophthalmology techniques, and bad computer information storage probably would deter most people.