Dr. Richard Imes Is this you?

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Richard Imes?

June 7th, 2017

The worst ophthalmologist in the Bay Area!

Spent most of the 3 hours in the waiting room. Spent 5 minutes for a misdiagnosis and had to deal with 3 interns just standing there. Couldn't figure out who the actual doctor was? The worst experience and had to reschedule with a competent doctor to actually perform tests. The staff was rude after waiting 1.5 hours and said the appointment is 3 hours but I didn't realize only a few minutes spent with the "doctor"? Richard Imes seemed lost and could not give me a straight answer? I felt like he was very fraudulent and is strictly working to scam the insurance company. He prays on sick and vulnerable people to collect a paycheck and clearly not in the business to help anyone except himself. Completely disgusted and highly recommend you go elsewhere! Richard Imes is a quack! I'm surprised the state allows him to drive a car!

May 5th, 2017

Terrible "doctor"

Definitely not a doctor who practices to help people. He's very dated and should've retired yearsssss ago. Acts somewhat senile and does the minimalist amount of testing just to get paid. If you are looking for help please do not choose Richard Imes. Judgemental and lazy at his job. He can do more harm by a misdiagnosis. Please go elsewhere and get extensive testing with a real doctor who practices to help people and not to collect a pay check.

May 1st, 2017

Lazy doctor who doesn't care

Mia diagnosis could've threatened my life and was not thorough during testing. Provided little testing compared to all the others yet his opinion differed. I say opinion because he ignored the test results and claimed I was a liar. Will be held accountable. Terrible lazy doctor and lazy staff. Go elsewhere because he is rated lower than any other person in his field.

July 23rd, 2010

I agree completely with first reviewer!I would not return to this doctor.

June 3rd, 2009

he's ok

Dr. Imes himself is a friendly, elderly man. His own work is fairly quick, albeit a little rough. (On the plus side, he'll personally ensure you hear about your preliminary MRI tumor results ASAP. On the the downside, I've had my eyelids flipped back before and eye size measured, and it didn't require my lids forcefully pushed back over and over and head being gripped.) HOWEVER, the appointment, which wasn't even a routine eye exam, took 2-3 HOURS! Why? Because he has two residents taking turns to practice on you before he sees you. Even worse, is these interns, despite how friendly they are, have bad handy work. (Don't get me wrong, they're LOVELY people, I just wouldn't want them to work with my eyes.) They over dilated my eyes and their eye examination techniques were rather sloppy. For someone who's seen many professional and resident eye doctors annually for the past 12 years, I've had better. In fact, I'd say these two residents' techniques were among the worse three I've encountered. I was expecting Dr. Imes to look at my eyes and was never told until the visit I'd have TWO residents experimenting on me. Lastly, I have to complain about their computer medical files systems. I came for a follow up, waited an HOUR to see him, and was eventually told, my eye MRI could not be pulled up on the computer so I have to go home and I'd hear about the final results over the phone sometime that night, a week from then, or perhaps sometime over he took his second vacation...Overall, Imes' office pretty friendly. He himself, his residents, and his secretary are pretty amicable. (FYI, his secretary Stacy is really helpful with working with various insurance and making sure everything is processed on time.) However, the wait times, residents' poor ophthalmology techniques, and bad computer information storage probably would deter most people.

June 7th, 2017