Psychiatrist
1106 Druid Rd S
Ste 201
Clearwater, FL 33756
727-584-6266
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Doesn't Call Back  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2014

I only visited this physician once, but I am trying to find a new doctor because I've been having problems with my medications and the doctor's office doesn't promptly respond to my problems. I know Baycare is a busy office and they're probably swamped with work. The last time I tried calling back the nurse, he gave me a number that was constantly busy.

|  I always wait at least an hour  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2012

And very little in the way of common courtesy. I have seen many shrinks, and many are short on the bedside manor. But if you make me wait over an hour EVERY time, the least you can say is "I'm sorry for your wait.

Mar 8th, 2012

I am a new pt. in area w history of treatment in different geographical areas/different doctors. I'm adjusting, and so far have experienced him as remote and somewhat dismissive of my experience/insight. I feel a little patronized. I will decide if he's a good match for my medication management.

|  Dr. Daly M.D. HAS SAVED MY LIFE 3 TIMES !  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

Dr. Daly is one of the most competent, well educated, experienced and compassionate Psychiatrists in the entire country. Dr. Daly is the most qualified Psychiatrist when it comes to understanding the complexities of the chemistry of the human brain which in most mental conditions, is a key factor toward getting your mental illness under control WITH THE CORRECT MEDICATION! After bouncing from one anti-depressant to another and switching anti-anxiety drugs numerous times with NO HOPE of getting better, My wife, an RN nurse of over 20 years, heard how Dr. Daly, as head of the Morton Plant Hospital Psychiatry Unit was truly helping people with mental illness get better! She literally forced me to go see Dr. Daly (I had to wait 2 months for an appointment to get in to be evaluated by him-I wonder why?) and because of Dr. Daly's commitment to his career and patients and expertise in treating MY mental illness, I am alive today to enjoy a wonderful life with my 15 year old son. I have been so blessed and better able to cope with my mental illness by having Dr. Daly as my psychiatrist along with his very competent staff, who often have to deal with some very mentally challenged patients, treating me for my mental illness for over 10 years. On at least 3 occassions my depression sunk so low I was considering taking my life. It was Dr. Daly, a YALE MEDICAL SCHOOL trained doctor and psychiatrist who was skilled enough and who cared enough about me, to ask me the right questions and to truly know me that he was able to get me into the hospital voluntarily, for a short stay, so he could rework the medication management of my medications and get me up and going again. He has done this for me at least three times in the past, including one time where I was so psychotic I pulled the hospital fire alarm!Dr. Daly has also successfully completed a fellowship in ECT (Electric Convulsive Therapy) at Duke University over 10 years ago, and is only a handful of doctors certified to perform ECT on patients in the entire country!My mother had Electric Shock Therapy in the 1950's when Doctors didn't even put their patients under sedation during the ECT treatments! Those days were horrible!Yet, my faith and appreciation for Dr. Daly and his magnificant expertise as a Doctor and Psychiatrist and his dedication to all his patients was so great, that I trusted him to do 5 ECT treatments on me in the hospital under sedation. These ECT treatments have not been a "cure all" for my mental condition but I can honestly say that I believe I am so much better now, having gone through them with Dr. Daly by my side. Lately I have gone through some very tough personal problems, but again, I am blessed and fortunate to be able to see Dr. Daly who continues to get me through the challenges I am dealing with.Yes, some people think if they have to wait an extra 10 or 20 minutes to be treated by an EXCELLENT STAFF and a "one in a million" FANTASTIC Psychiatrist that they can just walk down the street and be "treated" by another Psychiatrist and achieve the same results towards getting better. But unfortunately for us, the mentally ill, it is just not that simple! Honestly, I would wait into the evening to see Dr. Daly for my appointment. First becsuse I know that if he is late it is because another mentally ill person like me is having difficulties and is probably holding Dr. Daly up from getting to the office. And secondly, I know that through my appointments with Dr. Daly I am successfully maintaining my mental health. Dr. Daly has saved my life at leat 3 times by being so well educated, experienced and especially knowledgeable in the field of Psychiatry that he has proven to me that I am going to be O.K. and that I will be around for many years to enjoy my son!I will pray for the person whose comments are "mis-guided" regarding Dr. Daly and his wonderful staff who ALWAYS help me out when the pharmacy I use makes a mistake and forgets to do what they should have done.I will pray that this person once again finds his way back to Dr. Daly!I have taken alot of time to write these "comments" about Dr. Daly not only because I appreciate all that he and his staff continue to help me with, but most importantly, because I know that if there is just one person out there who gives Dr. Daly a try, I know from first hand experience that their mental illness and their life will be much better off. Unfortunatley, my brother who suffered from depression was not fortunate to have Dr. Daly in his life, as I am, and he took his life 4 years ago on the East Coast at age 52. My brother left behind his son and daughter and a wonderful wife!p.s. Every Christmas I send Dr. Daly and his staff a small christmas card with a picture of me and my son by the Christmas tree and thank them all for helping me through my anxiety attacks and major depression another year!

Jan 11th, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Daly for five years and I've had enough. He thinks nothing of keeping patients waiting and isnt there for you in a crisis. Whats the point of seeing him. Also I always feel like Im keeping him from a nap. Why did Bay Care hire him?

Apr 3rd, 2010

Dr. Daly moved his office and did NOT notify his patients. When confronted, his reply was "I have much too large a practice to care whether or not my patients find me"! As he works for ME and not the other way around, I lightened his "large" caseload that day bodily by 1. And now, by word of mouth I will lighten it by hundreds!

Dec 2nd, 2008

I have been under the care of numerous psychiatrists for depression over the last 19 years. He is one of the best in terms of empathy and not talking down to the patient.