Dr. Richard Hwang MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 31st, 2016
Good doc BAD STAFF
He's from the old school. Which is good. But, the people he hires are very rude. It indicates he's lack of judgment hiring people, which is very bad. Front office should be equally good and professional. And they're not.

July 28th, 2014
Experienced Doctor
I have been to Dr. Hwang twice in the past 3 years to have small, pre-cancerous growths removed from my face. He is knowledgeable, easy to talk to and does good work. He used a hot-wire knife to remove my growths. I kept them most with antiseptic ointment for 2 weeks and they healed perfectly - no scar. Dr. Hwang is not as formal and stuffy as other doctors, but, personally, I really appreciate that. I will not hesitate to go back.

January 17th, 2014
I called for an emergency appointment and was fit in for the same day when we got to see the doctor he took his time and really explained my condition to me unlike some doctors and then wrote my prescriptions and told me if they were to expensive to call him amd he would figure something else out cheaper for me to use. His office were the nicest people and tried to make me feel welcome! I recommend everyone go see him

October 1st, 2012
Horrible horrible horrible
I will never in my life go back to this dermatologist. I am so disappointed that I am even thinking about changeling doctors because he recommended me. The doctor was insulting with his comments when my husband was not happy with the fact that he was going to get a scar from biopsy. The doctor said, " you are not planning to look for another woman right so don't worry about it". That was uncalled for and to me was very unprofessional. He didn't have a proper plan felt rushed in to accepting the biopsy when he signed hthe doctor was still adding on to the paper which isn't right either. And after he didn't give us and post operation instruction I had to look for it online and then on top of that he gave us the file and to walk ourselves out and to give it to the front desk ladies who was just standing there. After when we came back to get the stitches removed which we didn't want to but had to the doctor used a scaple blade and pulled on it was not being gentle what so ever the site even started bleeding. He didn't even use gloves while he was doing it. Because it was bleeding he didn't even offer a band aid I had to ask for one and after he coughed all over his hands and didn't disinfect it he got the bandage and took it out to put it on the site. I was so discussed even my husband that he asked if he could do it and the doctor pulled it out of my husbands hands who was telling him if he could do it because the doctor was continuesly coughing on his hand and didn't clean them. It was terrible he gave us the results and he didn't give us explanation I had to ask. I so upset we got referred there it was the worst experience in the world!!!!! :-/

August 26th, 2009
It's very very difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Hwang. I called to get a follow up appointment and the earliest they could see me was Sept. 9. His staff suggested I go to Urgent Care. It appears he is the only dermatologist in Woodbridge and in high demand. This is my only complaint.