A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Marcus:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Marcus, MD is board certified in Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
Education & Awards
Dr. Marcus graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Marcus has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Marcus accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard J. Marcus practice?
Dr. Richard Marcus practices Nephrology near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Coraopolis, PA and Sewickley, PA.
See Pittsburgh Nephrologists.