A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Marcus, MD is board certified in Nephrology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Kidney Dialysis Renal Dialysis, Kidney Failure Chronic, and Kidney Transplant Renal Transplant.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Marcus graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.More Education & Awards
Dr. Marcus has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
- Allegheny General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Marcus accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Richard Marcus:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard J. Marcus practice?
Dr. Richard Marcus practices Nephrology near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Sewickley, PA.
See Pittsburgh Nephrologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Dick Marcus, Dr. Ricardo Marcus, Dr. Rich Marcus, Dr. Richie Marcus, Dr. Rick Marcus, Dr. Rickey Marcus