Dr. Richard Martin MD, DMD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2017
Double Hernia Surgery
Dr Martin did an outstanding job on my initial visit and during Pre-op and Post-op. He was very helpful in walking me through the six week recovery schedule that I truly adhered to and it made the whole experience very positive.

May 10th, 2017
Highly recommend Dr. Martin to EVERYONE!
About 2 years ago I had my hernia surgery with Dr. Martin. At the time i was playing football at Boise State and had seen a few different surgeons to examine me. They had all told me that I had one hernia and that it was okay to wait a few months to have surgery even though i was in a lot of pain! After about a week of severe pain i had been referred to go see Dr. Martin and was told to at least go see him to see what he has to say about the hernia. At my first appointment with Dr. Martin, I found out that I actually had 3 hernias and asked him how soon I could get them repaired due to how bad I hurt. He got me in the very next day! The day after my surgery I had 2 small wounds and actually felt better immediately after I had the surgery. My recovery was only a week and a half and I was back lifting and preparing for football.It has been a good amount of time since the surgery and I cant be any happier with the results from it! Dr. Martin sincerely cares about me and everyone he works with and treated me like family. If you or anyone you know is looking to get a surgery done I would HIGHLY recommend him because I know you will be in great hands! Thanks again Dr. Martin for everything!

April 21st, 2017
Dr. Martin performed hernia surgery for me
Very professional, very courteous, everything went as he advised it might

August 18th, 2015
Awesome surgeon
Had hernia surgery. Had me up and going in a week. At the initial appointment, he took the necessary time to go over in great detail the problem I was having and the procedure he would use to correct it. He made made me feel very comfortable and confidant in his ability to repair the problem. He is the best!

October 7th, 2014
Very good experience. The doctor answered all of my questions and prepared me for anything I might go through. My visits were quick, efficient, and did not involve a lot of waiting around.

April 5th, 2014
Simply the BEST
A number of years ago in California I had two emergency surgeries for a colon perforation. I developed a horrible infection which left me with a big hernia and disfigured abdomen. I went to see several surgeons who stated that it was a very complex repair and suggested I live with it. (I think the others just read the opinion of the first.) Dr. Martin carefully analyzed my situation and took the time to explain my options. It was a complex situation but he explained it in such a way that I could really understand. I didn't want to live like this any longer in pain and disfigured. Dr. Martin did a TV camera procedure to seperate the layers of my abdonimal wall and repaired my hernia with a biologic sheet of collogen that he said my body will use as a scaffold to lay down new connective tissue and make the repair as strong as it can be. He also removed all of the horrible scar tissue from my abdomen. I was in the hospital 4 days and now a month later, I feel and look like a new woman!!! Don't settle for anything but th best surgeon. Call Dr. Martin!

March 6th, 2014
Best Hernia Surgeon
I'm a hands on owner of a landscaping company and developed a groin hernia from lifting a heavy object last spring. My St. Luke' Doctor sent me to one of their susrgeons who found a small hernia on the other side as well and recommended fixing the painful side first. This was done through a groin inscision. I had quite a bit of pain and swelling aftwards which I expected but the bulge never went away. I went back many time and was told to take it easy and the swelling would go down. I basically missed an entire summer of work which was was financially very hard. When the swelling was still there a year later, My doctor ordered an ultrasound which showed intestine in the hernia and referred me back to the same surgeon. I don't think it was ever fixed! My friend had told me he had double hernia surgery by Dr. Martin and was back to work the following monday. I couldn't believe it I was in pain alomst an entire year....I missed an entire summer of work. This was almost devastating as I own my own company. Long story short Dr. Martin fixed both hernias using a TV camera on friday morning, I was up and around the next day and back to work monday. A little sore but no big deal. What the heck!!! Why didn't my first surgeon tell me about this? Why would anyone have an open surgery when they could have it done with aTV camera? And I had two hernisa fixed at the same time. That was 3 months ago and I feel better than I have had in a year. Lesson learned. If you have a hernia, go to Doctor Martin.....He's absolutely the best.

March 4th, 2014
Second time.
I had to see DR. Martin after having gallbladder and hernia surgery with DR. Getz. DR. Martin was wonderful. I can't say the same thing for Dr. Getz.

February 23rd, 2011
Untrustworthy.

March 16th, 2010
I don't have a crystal ball
I had a hernia surgery with Dr. Martin in 2008. He lied to me telling me I would be "bullet proof" in 2 weeks and released me to work lifting 50#s. When I went back to him with severe pain he said "I don't have a crystal ball I don't know whats wrong with you". Do not put your life in his hands. After the surgery my nerves are damaged and I am unable to work in my career because of the lie he told. Beware!!
Doctor's Response

Review of this patients records revealed previous open hernia repair with hernia recurrence and pain ICD-9 550.90. Underwent successful laparoscopic hernia repair 49651. Preoperative pain improved yet still present secondary to nerve entrapment from previous surgery.

May 10th, 2017