Dr. Richard Mcdonough MD Patient Reviews

4.9

February 5th, 2016
I love Dr. McDonough!
I've been with Dr McDonough since I was 18 or 19, & he was in his first year out of medical school. I'm now 55! The only reason I'll change is if he stops practicing! He always has lots of time for me & I can get in when it's an emergency.

August 24th, 2013
Wonderful doctor!
Dr. McDonough has been my doctor for my whole life. I agree with the other reviews on here that his office staff leaves much to be desired. But since he and his nurse are awesome it almost totally makes up for the rude front desk staff. Dr. McDonough always listens to my concerns and answers my questions. I too dread the day he announces his retirement because there is no doctor that can compare.

April 15th, 2011
Good Doctor
I like this doctor very much. Very caring individual. He is smart, kind, and soft spoken. An excellent physician. What I do not like is his office staff. During my last visit, a drug rep was bringing in lunch, and you would have thought that some of the more corpulent of the workers hadn't eaten in, say, 10 minutes. Food, and the consumption thereof, took primacy over virtually all else. Some of these folks look far from healthy. The drug rep, however, was smoking hot....

November 17th, 2010
28 years and counting
I've been seeing Dr. McDonough for 28 years. He takes the time to sit with me during my visits and always asks the right questions. I never feel rushed or feel like he is rushing to get through my visit. The wait time can sometimes be longer than expected, but since he as opened his new office that seems to be improving. I look forward to the day he can care for my children, and cringe at the thought of him retiring! Hopefully he still has another 20 years of practicing in him.

May 10th, 2010
Very poor office staff. Each time I have been there, vendors had been holding luncheons. Office staff seems more interested in stuffing their faces than caring for patients. The doctor is okay. I miss my internist in San Diego but this one is okay. Office staff needs lots of help.

November 15th, 2009
Best care for my entire family!
Although Dr. McDonough is no longer at the Mercy Barrington Medical center just minutes from our home, the drive is worth it to continue to get the best care for my family.He has treated myself, wife and our 23 children including 2 preemies. His office staff is helpful and friendly, a nurse is always available to speak to you on the phone if necessary, and we never have a problem getting in at the last minute with a sick child, even if that means he needs to stay late because his schedule is full.We had to switch Dr.'s at one point because of insurance and were so disappointed with that Dr. that we changed our plan so we could go back to Dr. Mac!The day he retires wee will be lost!