A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Shaw:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shaw
ADHD Patient Education Read our ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Shaw Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Shaw, MD is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaw graduated from Middlesex Hospital Medical School, London, England. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shaw has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
- Lucile Packard Children's Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard John Shaw MD is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Richard J. Shaw practice?
- Dr. Richard Shaw has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Shaw practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Palo Alto, CA.
See Palo Alto Psychiatrists and Palo Alto Child Psychiatrists.