Dr. Richard Weintraub Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Weintraub?

July 7th, 2016

treats me with total respect that what I report is accurate, not "suspect", works diligently to help solve pharmacology issues

October 15th, 2015

Very caring and helpful

I saw Dr. Weintraub many years ago, and found him very caring and helpful, and sensitive to my extreme sensitivity to medications. A very minute dose of meds was the only thing that was ever helpful for me. Very recently I called for advice for a family member, and Dr. Weintraub was extremely helpful. He was not available to take on my family member as a patient, as he is winding down his practice, and does not want new patients with complex issues requiring extensive time and long-term treatment. However, he was most gracious in explaining what my family member was likely dealing with and may need. I don't know what the issues were with the two negative reviews here -- they seem very uncharacteristic of Dr. Weintraub. I do know Dr. Weintraub has had his own extreme health challenges over the years -- but I know this only because I was told by someone else, not by him.

August 24th, 2012

won't see 'complex' patients

A friend referred me to Dr Weintraub's office, I called to find out more about his services and after giving a very brief history to his secretary was told that "Dr Weintraub doesn't see complex patients. He won't see you." Ok, so apparently only people with simple, easy, quick fix problems that he doesn't have to invest any time or thought into are worth his time. Don't bother with this guy, he isn't worth your time!

February 3rd, 2011

Great doctor

Dr. Weintraub is professional, couteous, thoughtful, as is his staff.In my experience he is spot on time for my appointment.

January 28th, 2011

Never felt less empathy

I can't believe the other reviewer was anyone but the doctor or bobbi, the secretary. I had seen Weintraub for so long, I don't know why I was so scared to leave. Maybe because my anxiety wasn't any better, so I still didn't trust myself to find anyone else. I also asked him for recommendations for other docs, he never recommended anyone. My worst experience, and my last, was after a very scary emergency, landed me in the ER. It was terrifying, my pcp thought I had a brain aneurysm. Anyway, I missed my appointment that day, and Bobbi told me he was going to charge me for it! I thought emergencies might be considered differently than just cancelling, she told me no, and if I didn't like it, I could go somewhere else. This was after having such a hard time recently with him, thinking maybe he was burned out because he seemed less empathetic. I had told him once I felt suicidal (this was new, I never felt this way before, but did on a medication he prescribed), he didn't even follow up with me to see how I was after that. My new doc told me he was likely frustrated that he wasn't able to "fix" it, and maybe made him feel bad about his talents?! It was so painful to be treated as though he clearly didn't care if I lived or died, I am still so hurt by that. I have unresolved feelings over it, because I can't believe someone who is treating people with depression could be so calloused. I don't know that I will ever be able to resolve that feeling, but I can say that it was one of the worst experiences with a doctor that left me so shaken and so much more depressed. Either he's burned out, doesn't care, or didn't like me, whatever the reason, a psychiatrist without any empathy who doesn't care if you feel suicidal on a medication he is prescribing, should not be prescribing anymore.

August 26th, 2016