inactive

Richard J Weiss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

November 1st, 2015
Amazing and Impressive!
I came on line to look up Dr. Weiss' information for a friend. I can now remember things that are in my long-term memory... just not in my short-term memory. When I took the very thorough results of my cognitive function testing to my PM&R, she said it was the most impressive doctoral work she had ever seen! Great Doctor!

June 5th, 2013
Life Saver
I have been treated by Dr. Weiss for probably 13 years, he has saved my life more than once. He always takes time to ask how I am feeling, how meds are doing, and explaining what each test is for and what results mean. I rarely wait to be seen and never feel rushed thru my exam. He has worked to get me off certain drugs and when test results were not satisfactory looked for the cause rather than just add another drug. Thru this found a rare tumor. Other Drs. just added more drugs, Dr. Weiss searches for answers, Is so knowledgeable in areas beyond his expertise. I drive 100 miles to see him and have sent lots more to see him and they all rave about his treatment, also. Getting some off all drugs. I trust him more than any other doctor I have ever been treated by. Wish there was more than 4 stars.

October 14th, 2012
So disappointed in this doctor!
My first and only visit with this doctor went well. I thought he really cared about me and seemed to be a good listener and communicator.....I was so wrong...when things didn't go as expected, there was no follow up or indication that this doctor cared about what happened to me. I am an RN and was so disappointed in this doctor and his office staff. It was a crushing and frightening experience for me. I am waiting to see a new doctor to finally get the medical care I need. I have never experienced this lack of care anywhere with any physician before...every patient deserves better than this!

July 9th, 2012
I feel like he wasn't listening to my concern of my health. I feel like he just did his duty be seeing me, but not actually listening to me and then dealing with it. I think his staff is busy, and not caring so much on the patient more than the work. The wait time was okay.

May 31st, 2012
Review
Excellent doctor. Uses his medical knowledge as well as his medical intuition in caring for patients. Altogether a very good doctor!

March 26th, 2012
mean unprofessional

October 31st, 2011
After today, I will never go back to him. I never liked him from the start but was too lazy to find a new doctor. He always insists on tests you don't need. Also wants to prescribe medicine you don't need. Gave me samples one time to take; I threw them away. Next appointment, he raved over how well I was doing with the medication and prescription he gave me. I never took it! Today, he raved about my blood work and how great everything was. When he wrote out my new prescription, I told him I always use generic; he didn't like that. Went to get it filled and he had written on the prescription that he had emailed to the pharmacy that I could only use brand name prescibed! I was not allowed to get generic. Of course, he gets a kick-back from the pharmaceutical companies. Had to call his office and raise cane to get the generic brand. I do not recommend him to anyone.

October 25th, 2011
TEST-DRIVEN DOCTOR ONLY; DON'T TALK TO HIM
It would be best if you just submit to tests, and do not waste your time trying to communicate with him. His "bedside manner" is the worst I have ever experienced w/any physician I have ever consulted. He should have specialized in "research" only . . . not patients! He reduced me to tears.

June 2nd, 2011
Cold heart
Does not care for his patients. Heartless, self center.I am very dissapointed at him. He was trying to make me do a test that involved being off my medication every year. I found out that the test was unnecessary. He said to me that I will have the cancer back if I do not do the test. I got a second opinion and found out that was not true.

January 6th, 2011
AMAZING!
This is the ONLY dr. that was able to figure out both what my actual issue was and a treatment plan that works. I have been his patient for approx. 2 years and am thankful for him EVERYDAY! He has a very nice personality, explains things in an easy to understand manor and is genuine in his care. honestly i look forward to my visits with him to review my progress, its always nice to hear his encouragement and what he feels we need to do next. i trust him 100%

December 29th, 2010
Very good specialist
Dr. Weiss has been treating me since 2005 when I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I find him to be informed and thorough during examinations. He takes time to answer all of my questions. The course of treatment he prescribed resulted in me recently passing the five year mark as cancer free. I continue to return to Fort Myers for annual follow-up exams with Dr. Weiss even though I now live 800 miles away. I am very satisfied.

September 2nd, 2010
Approach with meek, uninformed demeanor
Do not approach this physician as an informed/empowered patient. I believe he views this as an insult to his intelligence. Even though two physicians recommended that I consult an endrocrinologist as soon as possible, he made me feel that I was wasting his time.