Dr. Richard Parker MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 28th, 2017
My guy!1
Richard K. Parker, MD review and staff performance: I had a life time congenital heart murmur that finally started to catch up with me. Contemplation of open-heart surgery is (to be blunt) --- daunting. Anyone who tells you that the procedure is not scary is out of their mind. Ultimately, I had to have my left aortic valve replaced plus three heart arteries repaired and two others bypassed. I spent six months investigating my situation and it took that time to find a cardiac specialist/surgeon I was truly comfortable with. Richard Parker is my guy! An excellent “bedside manner”. He made me feel at ease and relaxed with his sense of humor to diffuse the natural tension. His concerns were for me, as a person, individual and patient. His demeanor was friendly, with understanding and compassion. He explained everything in simple basic terms, and left the decision to me. I was not a statistic or just another number. Throughout this whole process, Dr. Parker was and is supported by a fantastic staff that carry through his belief in professionalism, carrying concern and empathy for what you are going through. I know from the anesthesia, I have forgotten many names, but I what to give them all the highest degree of credit. People like; Cindy, Stephanie, Jennifer, Dr. Terry, Emily, Heather S., Christin, Joyce, Dana, Sara, Vera, Naomi, and Ruth. Open heart surgery is nothing to be taken lightly. Do your “due diligence”. Do what is best for you. I am now on the road to recovery. While the surgery will make your whole body ache and sore, you can add about another 20+ years to your life.

March 30th, 2017
Wonderful Surgeon!
I happen to come to Dr. Parker through a referral out of the ER. He was able to see me pretty quickly and have my surgery done in a couple weeks. Pretty important when I was at the point I couldn't eat. He was so soothing to me! He explained everything, drew pictures to tell the story and came and talked to me after. Something that could have been spooky wasn't spook at all in his care. Thank you!

February 26th, 2017
I recommend Dr. Parker!
Dr. Richard Parker is thorough, explains options and answers all patient questions and concerns.

January 30th, 2017
Service provided
I was very pleased with Dr Parker in that he explained the procedure very carefully, and told me what might happen if I did not follow through on the procedure. The surgery was very successful and my sternum is healing nicely. The only problem I have been plagued with is fluid on my lungs.

January 20th, 2017
He is the best

November 30th, 2016
Dr. Parker provided exceptional care troughout the whole surgery experience.

November 12th, 2016
Wonderful Treatment
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Parker and his staff. They are all excellent. I had to see Dr. Parker because of an urgent problem. I saw him on Wednesday, he explained in great deal the procedure to me and operated on Thursday. All went well and I am well on my road to recovery. Dr. Parker is a superb surgeon is very friendly, and has a great bedside manner.

August 29th, 2016
Reassuring
I have been very nervous about possible treatments, and after seeing Dr Parker and his staff, I was considerably relieved! his staff was very friendly and Dr Parker himself was most thorough in his explanations, and what procedures were available! ! I can say my experience was one of great relief and satisfaction

May 19th, 2016
Patient
Dr. Parker is a wonderful doctor. He is a real professional who make you feel at ease. He thoroughly explained his diagnosis and options, No high pressure. He performed my operation and everything went extremely well. I feel he saved my life. I would highly recommend.

March 19th, 2010
Best doctor
I have gone to Dr. Parker for at least 30 years and have had the best of care from him. I feel that he has saved my life several times. I stay in Colorado because of knowing that he is the best doctor I could have for a serious heart condition.

July 17th, 2017