Dr. Richard Simpson MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Houston, TX

October 15th, 2015
Dr. Simpson performed surgery on a deep brain stimulator and with such ease and zero xomplications

April 12th, 2013
Saved my life.
Dr. Simpson removed a fist sized brain tumor from the right side of my skull. It was undiagnosed and found by accident by another doctor doing a routine MRI checking for reasons for some minor symptoms I had. Through the Methodist Hospital System Emergency Room I entered upon discovery of that mass and the process began, all great people by the way in that entire process and 2 part procedure. First the blood vessels feeding the tumor were accessed via catheter/groin entry in an attempt to shrink the size of it for easier removal, some time was given for that process to take place but it was decided to schedule the removal a short time later. I spoke to Dr. Simpson prior to that procedure, he is a busy man and is all "Business''.. He explained what the plan was and was on his way leaving me informed and aware what was to follow. The process took 7 hours start to finish, Dr. Simpson and his staff were successful in removal of that tumor and putting me back together so to speak and I was home 4 days later. The doctors on his staff were interns working with him in some cases, as it takes 7 years in that position to become a neurosurgeon, Dr. Simpson trains many as Methodist is a Medical Education Facility as well as a Hospital, brain surgery is serious business and I didn't expect a stand up comic or less than serious Doctor to be attending me so I was very reassured going into this 2 part procedure, that I was in good hands. I saw Doctor Simpson for follow up appointments for staple removals and so far on MRI to check for any regrowth, another coming up in June, he is thorough in his work. I am a very satisfied patient of Doctor Richard Simpson and happy to be alive and without any stroke conditions and plan to remain in his care until it is no longer necessary.

November 30th, 2011
Pain Pump for Back Pain
First installed Neurostimilator in the plant with rechargeable battery unfortunately battery was not position properly and would not charge, redo months later with non rechargeable battery now works somewhat but not like promised. Next procedure and surgery install pain pump over a month ago after five trips to the Pain Management Dr. with no relief from meds X-ray was ordered and the catheter is at the bottom of the spinal cord in a circle not straight up the back like it should be. Now another surgery to fix?????I have my doubts about Dr Simpson Surgical skills???

April 4th, 2011
My mother had deep brain stimulation devices implanted one year ago and she had ONE follow-up appointment with Dr. Simpson one month after the procedure. The implant has been the worse thing that has happened to her and to those that have contact with her. Her programmer knows of all the issues my mother has been having, but there has yet to be a follow-up appointment with Dr. Simpson's office to do a scan of the brain to see if there are any issues with the devices or just to check on my mother. We feel very neglected by this physician. We feel that once the procedure was completed, then the doctor was finished with my mother as a patient. This was brain surgery! UNACCEPTABLE!

March 12th, 2009
May be a wonderful Dr. but came in room for spinal tap never introduced himself and only spoke to me once. Was the best spinal tap I've ever had.A little personality would make him an excellent neurosurgeon.