Surgical Specialist, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dentist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  great doctor  |  show details
by Melanie on Dec 13th, 2013

I had an implant by Dr. Wang... he stiches the opening so well.. it heels in 5 days....this was an upper left molar tooth implant, so a sinus lift and bone graft was also required. He took time to make sure the post is set up straight. he explained to me the success rate for upper teeth is lower than lower set of tooth. Today, two month later, I went in to have an tooth extraction. After he learned that I was flying to the west coast for Christmas, he advised me to postpone the procedure until I coming back. His reason was he prefers that his patient to stay nearby one week after a tooth extraction just in case of unexpected emergency. This is a very caring office with a very caring dentist.. I recommend it highly.

|  Wisdom Teeth Removal  |  show details
by N. Gh on Aug 25th, 2013

I had a terrible experience getting my wisdom teeth removed and I do not recommend anyone going there. I decided to do general anesthesia to get three of my wisdom teeth done. The procedure took like 30 minutes not to forget the fact that I was poked twice because the needle broke in my hand. Then I was send home immediately. Right after the surgery I had terrible pain in my hand from the IV side and my hand started swolling. I thought, that might be normal since my skin is sensitive and I never had general anesthesia before. I waited for 10 days and the pain started getting worse and I had inflammation on my hand so I decided to go back to the office and have it seen. The oral surgeon was speechless and had no idea why my hand was swollen so he referred me to a vascular surgeon. Call the vascular surgeon and hardly made an appointment since it was a emergency matter. As soon as the other doctor saw me, he said there might be clots in there. I was scared to death since it could be very dangerous and I could die immediately. Luckily I was sent for Ultrasound after 5 hours wait and they discovered there was no clots, however, the doctor assured me that the inflammation happened due to the bad injection. The sedation had leaked out of the vein or the needle might have passed the vein and caused the inflammation. It has been 15 days and I am still suffering from the pain in my hand. This is horrible that I was trying to relieve the teeth pain, but I suffered even more because the surgeon did not even know how to inject the patient.

|  Dr. Pell - find someone else  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2013

My experience was very similar to other patient's review, but with Dr. Pell. I would never recommend him to anyone. Not only did he rush through surgery on my jaw, I was unable to reach him later when I was in terrible pain. I had to call my primary doctor for appropriate pain medication. The billing process was a nightmare and in my opinion unethical. It gets tricky when it comes to what is dental and what is medical, but not only did both of those insurances cover the procedures, I was also paid a large portion and kept receiving bills before I finally asked for all documentation to justify costs. I was sent a handwritten list of costs that was basically illegible. I never responded or heard from them again.

|  HDHP and HSA Users Beware!  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

While the grades indicated above are good, the total experience was a nightmare. I have a high deductible health plan with an HSA through United Health Care. This doctor is listed as "In Network", but they know nothing about my insurance or how it works. We had a disagreement on how my bill was to be paid. They are supposed to submit a claim to my insurance; then I pay the bill. They insisted that I must pay a "Co-Pay" at my time of office visit. I took this disagreement to my insurance company to make sure I was right, and I was. There is NO SUCH THING as a "Co-Pay" in a HDHP!! Even with that information they still refused to abide by my plan's rules--they insisted I pay over $350 at my time of visit. They insisted I pay this without ever submitting a claim to my insurance! Needless to say I canceled the appointment and am taking my money to a more reputable doctor.Also, the office in Alexandria is dirty, dingy, and old. The exam room I was in looked like a bathroom from 1970; with long hair on the floor, old tile on the walls, and dirty grout in between. I do not recommend this office or this establishment to anyone.