Dr. Richard Kang, MD
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  A Dr. who cares about his patients  |  show details
by Sheryl C. on Oct 8th, 2014

I have only been coming to Dr. Kang for a short period of time but I must say from the visit I was impressed. Dr. Kang truly cares about his patients' well-being. I most recently had an inection in my neck to hopefully alleviate pain from an auto accident. Dr. Kang not only encouraged me to follow up with him if the pain worsened (which I did) but he also saw me on short notice due to that increased pain. He then again followed up with me a few days later (after hours) to see if I was better. I know of no medical professionals that ever go that far. He is a professional who truly cares for his patients. The staff in the Lyndhurst office as well as the Surgery Center were fabulous as well!

|  Best Doctor!  |  show details
by Jay Malakoff on Aug 29th, 2014

In May of 2010 I had 5 rods and 10 screws inserted into my back to correct a worsening spine condition. After my recovery I had been seen by many Pain Management Practices, because of a great deal of lingering pain in my back and legs. It was not till I was fortunate enough to be introduced to DR. Richard Kang, that I finally got on the road to the quality of life I was looking for. Dr. Kang took the time to properly understand what my problem was. First I was being over medicated. With the help of Dr. Kang, I was able to get off ALL the medications, prescribed for me by other doctors. THIS WAS NO SMALL TASK. Once free of the heavily addictive medications, Dr. Kang sat me down and explained to me that with the damage remaining in my back, I would most likely need to be on some type of pain medication for the remainder of my life. This was not a conversation about "give the patient what he wants, it was a conversation about QUALITY OF LIFE". I have found Dr. Kang to be the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever met in the pain management field. His way of explaining his plan for me took a great deal of stress off of me, and made me feel that there was actually a way to get back up and enjoying my life. His staff is wonderful and attentive. When I call for an appointment I am never turned away. For me, who will be a chronic pain patient for the rest of my life, Dr. Kang has detailed a comprehensive plan to move forward and bring some joy back into my life. I would highly recommend his practice to anyone who suffers from chronic pain. Jay Malakoff Edgewater, NJ

|  Intelligent and Caring Physician  |  show details
by Jazmine D. on Jul 23rd, 2014

I have been in pain for many years now and have seen many doctors seeking a diagnosis and relief. I am so glad I found Dr. Kang! He is compassionate, intelligent, and sincerely cares about helping you. He recommended other specialists to help with my other disorders and performed procedures to help with my pain. I'm in my mid twenties and,with his help, now I actually feel like it! His staff is knowledgable and very nice. I highly recommend his practice. He is absolutely amazing!

|  Amazing doctor. Go see him now!  |  show details
by Suzanne on Apr 7th, 2014

Dr. Kang is amazing. One of the best doctors I've ever experienced. When he diagnosed me, I was actually elated… none of the other doctors could figure out what was wrong with me. He explained his plan for treatment very clearly, and I had complete faith in what he was doing. I've made incredible progress since our first visit two months ago. He's at the top of his game, with no ego. Everything he does is all about you, the patient.

|  Compassionate Doctor  |  show details
by Anonymous on Apr 9th, 2013

Love Dr. Kang- he truly makes me feel like he cares about me and my quality of life. He is very smart and good at what he does. Love his staff-always so polite and they call to follow-up the same day as procedures which is comforting. He doesn't just go to work and do his job, he tries to eliminate his patients pain so they can have a better life. Would totally recommend him to family and friends. Wait time is usually less than 5 minutes.

by mom of patient on Jan 4th, 2013

Dr Kang is caring, compassionate and returns all calls. He has gone out of his way and accepted our insurance. He follows the care of his patients.

|  very knowledgeable and caring  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

Both Dr Kang and Dr Desai are so caring and really listen to their patients. They spend alot of time with you and listen to every word you say. They have so much to offer their patients and will try alot of things to help you. In my opinion they are cutting edge. I could not say enough about them and am so grateful I found them. I highly recommend.

|  Cant say enough good  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2012

Dr Kang is very knowledgable about newest procedures and meds available. I worked w another pain manag doc before and Kang had several diff suggestions for the same condition from the first doc. He spends as much time as I feel nec to discuss and makes time if something in bet appointments needs to be addressed. truly a kind, caring doctor who can help improve your quality of life.

|  Please Visit Dr. Kang !  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2011

If you are in pain and want an expert caring physician, please see Dr. Kang. I have suffered several years with painful neuropathy and have seen many doctors. All types of treatments were attempted. Dr. Kang was able to help and give me my normal life back. Do not hesitate to visit him. He takes his time and listens and explains everything to you. I strongly recommend him to anyone in pain.

|  Drs. Kang & Desai are the best !  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

After a disastrous double spinal fusion operation done by Ottakar Hupschman, I was left crippled for life and spent almost 6 years in bed in the most awful nonstop pain of my life . I saw several different pain management doctors ( Giovanni Raimundo and Henry Rublewski being the absolute worst in every imaginable way ) before I luckily found Drs. Kang and Desai . In one 30 minute session of nerve burning in my lower back , 80 % of my pain was gone ! These doctors gave me my life back ; they are the best in every way ! Thomas Byrnes , South Orange , NJ

|  BEST BACK DOCTOR YET  |  show details
by MISS MAZZ on Sep 13th, 2010

I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF BACK DR'S. NO ONE HAS HELPED ME LIKE DR. KANG. THERE WERE NO PILLS INVOLVED OR EVASIVE SURGERY DONE. HE HAS THE GREATEST PERSONALITY & REALLY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. DON'T TRUST ANY OTHER BUT HIM. HE IS AWESOME.

Apr 30th, 2010

took his time to explain my back problem and injections for treatment

by Al on Mar 5th, 2009

Dr. Kang is the first doctor I have found that really seems to care about my pain and sincerly wants to help.