Richard A Kaul, BS, MBBS, MD
Video profile
111 Wanaque Ave
Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
973-248-8818
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.2051282051282 of 4 stars
Sep 18th, 2012

ANYONE WHO HAS WALKED AWAY FROM HIS OFFICE BETTER OFF THEN WHEN THEY WERE BEFORE ARE LUCKY. THIS MAN IS NOT A TRAINED SURGEON AS I WAS LED TO BELIEVE AND LET HIM OPERATE ON ME TO FIND OUT MY SPINAL FUSION IS DONE INCORRECTLY AND THERE MAY BE NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO TO FIX IT HE HAS LEFT ME DISABLED FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE IN CHRONIC PAIN I THINK ANYONE WHO CONTINUES TO GO TO HIM AFTER KNOWING HE IS NOT A REAL SURGEON DESERVES WHATEVER THEY GET

|  Not recomended  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

Chehttp://www.examiner.com/article/new-jersey-attorney-general-accuses-an-anesthesiologist-of-wrongdoingck this article out

|  Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

Dr. Kaul is not trained for the above type of surgery. He is NOT A SURGION AT ALL.He is under review by the medical board and the IRS.

|  Amazing.  |  show details
May 6th, 2012

Far and few between are the doctors that care as much as Dr. Kaul. He goes above and beyond to ensure that you fully understand everything about your condition and truly looks out for your best interest. In a society where ego is huge - he puts you, his patient first. His top priority is taking care of you. I trust him 100% with my health and well being.

|  Great, Caring, Compassionate, Sincere and Honest - Just a few words to describe Dr. Richard Kaul.  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Kaul. He is amazingly kind, caring and compassionate. I've seen him several times and have had several procedures performed by him. He kept my best interests at heart. Overall an outstanding doctor!

|  Wonderful Caring Doctor  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2011

I went to Dr. Kaul for years and he would do ANYTHING to help you.. What a great doctor!!!

|  What a great doctor!  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

I would reccommend Dr. Kaul to anyone with persistent back or neck pain. His entire staff, from the office to the clinical staff are superb. I can't thank him enough for his excellent attention to detail

Apr 26th, 2011

Worst doctor there is he cares more about money than anything else

|  Excellent care, excellent results...  |  show details
by George K. on Apr 4th, 2011

Dr. Kaul and the staff at NJSR gave me a new lease on life. For years Ive suffered with chronic lower back pain and thought I would never again enjoy the most basic activities of daily living. After my consultation, I was approved as a candidate for microspine surgery and went through with the procedure. Within days following surgery, I felt the results and have been pain free ever since and more active than ever!

|  My Hero  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

Dr. Kaul is a remarkable physician with an extremely compassionate manner who sincerely cares about the health, progress and well being of his patients. If it wasn't for him I would not be able to walk and enjoy life to its fullest as I do now. I was very, very limited before I had my disk and fusion surgery by him all I could do was work and come home and take pain pills and suffer. I owe my life to Dr. Kaul and would not hesitate to recommend him for the procedures he recommends for each individual case. I give him an excellent rating in all aspects.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

Great doctor. Definitely recommend him.

|  Steve Seifried  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

I went to Dr. Kaul due to severe pain in my right knee. After several images were taken it was found that I had a torn miniscus. Since I work 2 jobs and time is important to me dr. Kaul advised me that he could inject the knee and would not require any hospital stay and very little recoup time. The knee was so bad I could not walk down stairs without holding on to a railing or drive my car.I spent approx 90 minutes in a surgical center and could not believe the difference after the first shot was administered (3 are recommended ). I have sent several others to Dr. Kaul for the same procedure since I was so impressed I thank Dr. Kaul for his knowlege, professionalism and honesty through this entire ordeal. I have not had any pain in my knee since the first injection and I swear by it.

|  Made a believer out of me  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

When I went to Dr kual, and he said he was going to inject me with three needles, i said, oh no! You see i can't stand any needles but Dr, Kaul reassure me that I won't feelanything and this would stop the pain that i had in my left arm. I thought i would never get rid of this pain because it hurt so bad because of the car accident. I was scared. So, i trusted Dr. kual had this procedure done and you know what, pain is gone. I had a deep back pain in my lower back so Dr. kaul said he can make it better with the three injections. In you know what? I had it done and my back is back the way it was and now i use the back brace only when i left something a little heavey. Thank-you Dr. kual for helping me get my life back and i feel great.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

I had a full disc replacement and spinal fusion done by Dr. Kaul. Within 9 weeks of the surgery I returned full duty to my job! Nobody could believe how quickly I had recovered.

|  Choosing Dr Kaul was the Absolute Best Decision!  |  show details
by Denise Cotterell on Mar 20th, 2011

I began treating with Dr Richard Kaul several months after an auto accident in 2004. The accident which resulted in 7 people being injured on what felt like the coldest day of the year! The doctor at the local hospital, where I was supposedly treated, told me to apply heat and get a massage! What a farce! I have had chiropractic care, orthopedic care and neurological and rehabilitative care. Care that included being stretched like Gumbi (MUA), several botox injections, trigger point injections,x-rays and MRI's. and an assortment of medications. Some things helped but were temporary. I researched many doctors recommended, knowing no one is perfect, and the spine is the gateway to mobility my body. Dr Kaul was my choice. I recall in his waiting room, I listening many stories of Dr Kaul helping to repair other doctors botched surgeries by experienced surgeons. To this day, patients in excruciating pain came to him from New York and Pennsylvania! and the opposite ends of New Jersey. I must say, the discussions in the waiting room boosted my confidence. After the first meeting knew "I made i made the absolute very best decision in selecting Dr Kaul" Best described by many patients I've talked with as "Thank goodness for Dr. Kaul!!!" I am not an easy patient, allergic to ingredients in almost all useful pain medications. Add to all over severe pain, an undiagnosed orthopedic issue and a bruised mid section from the seat belt injury that wouldnt go away. Over time had several injections to ease or minimize the pain then finally fusion surgeries on my spine both neck (cervical) and lower back (lumbar). And surgery on a bone spur. I opted for the minimally invasive surgical approach to heal my body. Patient Care is most evident. Dr Kaul has been and continues to be accessible 24x7 by phone, email and the more recent newer technologies and social medias. He exudes compassion, and is forward thinking. He keeps up to date on new approaches and is a known leader in the minimally invasive approach to spinal surgeries. As patient, I can confidently say he is a doctor who treats the "entire patient" and is aggressive at treating urgent issues or those that could become more problematic in the short term. If I had made a different or no decision I could have been paralyzed. An orthopedic surgeon did not diagnose a problem visible on scans that were read/viewed in my presence at the time unknown to me, and not associated with the accident but reared its ugly head because of the accident. The neuruology doctors were more than happy to prescribe narcotics and barbiturates and send me "merrily" on my way until the next month when i would return for another script. That was not how i wanted to live my life,,, addicted to drugs that mask the pain and made the condition of my body that caused severe pain worse over time. Quite frankly, as an injured patient with a high tolerance for pain, I responsible for clearly communicating with honesty what hurts, where and when and sometimes how, keeping track of anything new or any change. I have an integral role at healing process and to work at rehabilitating after he does the his part. It's the best way to get a positive or most desired outcome and rapid recovery. It is Dr Kauls knowledge consistent, positive outcomes that help guide me to make the best and informed decisions. Seven years later, I am so very thankful for all Dr Kaul has done for me; Calming my fears, reducing and or eliminating my pain, explaining in detail and in terms I understood especially with the many x-rays and mri films so i knew what was not right with my body. And eventually explained what actions would be limited so i could prepare for the change. Finally,Dr Richard Kaul continues to take excellent care of me. He is always available, regardless of the time of day, or day of the week. After having a triple level lumbar fusion and a double level cervical (neck) fusion, both life changing events, I have had to make some changes to how i do things and in some cases there are things i can never do again like ride a roller coaster use a treadmill, mow the lawn, shovel snow or push a heavy shopping cart. I walk, drive, play with the dog and exercise, read etc. I am very happy with my decision and I hope you do also. I am grateful to have him as "my doctor" who gave me my life back using a minimally invasive spine approach to healing and rehabilitating. I have referred several other patients also pleased with their care. If would like to ask me additional questions, concerns, contact me at smileygirl0404verizon.net. Please enter Dr Kauls name in the subject line.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2011

I was very impressed and very pleased with the help I received. I would recommend Doctor Kaul to family and friends. Thanks

Mar 18th, 2011

While the nurses and support staff are very good and caring the doctor himself needs to work on his people skills. When I had a personall problem regarding the death of my father, Dr.Kaul was not at all sympathetic and did not listen to me when I told him about what I was feeling in my spine.

|  What I think about Dr. Richard Kaul? Hmmmmmm  |  show details
by Israel Tavarez on Mar 17th, 2011

Dr. Kaul is n awesome doctor best word to use.. My opinion being a good judger of character is th@ he is very well experienced n n over all great doctor!! No 1's perfect but he has helped me substantly in the last 2 yrs of my life.. He gave me my life back with my new born then n my beautiful 2 yr old daughter now!! I'm very grateful n pleased with all of Dr. Kaul's help n I would without a doubt recommend Dr. Richard Kaul to any1 who complains!! Lol Not to mention he's a great guy n makes me feel cared for n confident!! Thk u again to U Dr. Richard Kaul n staff!! By far a 4...

Mar 17th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Kaul for a number of years now, during this time I had a number of procedures done due to my deteriating spinal condition. Dr Kaul was honest with me, made sure I received the proper care to make me comfortable post-op, and did whatever it took to help me. My contion (failed back syndrome) will never be corrected based on the input from several doctors, but Dr Kaul continues to help control my pain. The last proceured Dr Kaul implanted a spinal neuro stimulator.

|  Dr. Richard Kaul  |  show details
by Kathleen Calabrese on Mar 17th, 2011

I have known Dr. Kaul since May of 2003. I first met him when my late husband was in an auto accident and hurt his already severely damaged back. If it wasn't for Dr. Kaul he would not have been able to live without pain. Also, in the fall of 2003 my late husband had an incident in Las Vegas unrelated to his back pain wherein in had to be medivaced to a hospital and hospitalize for a long period of time because of a lung disease we didn't know he had. I had only to call Dr. Kaul and tell him what was going on and he called the hospital everyday and called me everyday since we were in a strange area with doctors we didn't know. Dr. Kaul was my lifeline and he never let us down.Then in 2006 I was in an auto accident and fractured my wrist. I had surgery done and was have severe pain and the surgeon would not listen to me. I went to see Dr. Kaul and he immediately diagnosed me with RSD and when the insurance company wanted more opinions, he felt that if this was not treated aggressively and quickly, I would loose the use of my left arm. Under these conditions he proceeded with the stellate ganglion injections without even knowing if he would get paid. He is the most competent, compassionate and best doctor I have ever dealt with and I HAVE DEALT WITH MANY in light of my late husband's medical condition. Dr. Kaul has always been there for me and my family and is a wonderful doctor.

|  Doctor has aid in my everyday pain  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2011

I started seeing Doctor Kaul more than a year ago. He is a very professional Doctor and gives me the care I need. The treatment I have received with him, has relieved the lower back pain that was affecting my every day life. Today I can say that thanks to Doctor Kaul, I can concentrate on other important things without stressing about pain.

|  BRILLIANT DOCTOR.  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2011

DR. RICHARD KAUL HAPPENS TO BE 1 OF THE MOST BRILLIANT AND GIFTED DOCTOR I KNOW. HE IS UP TO DATE ON ALL THE NEWEST TECHNICS OF SURGERY WITHOUT ALL THE BUTCHERING MOST OTHER DOCTORS PROVIDE. HIS HEALING TIMES ARE SHORTER AND THE INCISIONS ARE NEXT TO NOTHING.HE TRULY HAS BEEN BLESSED BY GOD WITH HANDS OF GOLD AND HIS KNOWLEDGE OF MEDICINE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE WITH SPINAL ISSUES.

|  A great Dr. And Humanitarian  |  show details
by John Zerbini on Feb 26th, 2011

If this is Dr. Richard Kaul who is also a spine surgeon, I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about this Dr. He is in the middle of helping me with a very difficult case which other Dr.s did not even want to touch.He is a Godsend, I am a real person and not a fake review, anyone that doubts that can email me at johnz616@yahoo.com and I will tell you further about Dr.Kaul. As I said he is not only a phenomonal Dr. but a humanitarian, he is one of only a handful of Drs. that is in it to help people, not just for the money. He gets 5 stars all the way from me.And as I said I invite you to emaal me if you have any doubts, as i have no affiliation with the Dr. besides being his patient.

|  Calmed my fears  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

I first saw Dr. Kaul in March 2008. I had been to several Pain Management doctors over the course of 3 years. None of whom would treat me. In my first visits, Dr.Kaul had recomended a series of injections, I got scared and didnt go back. The following year, in January 2009- I went back to see him as the pain was unbelievable. Again Doctor Kaul had recomemnded the injections for relief. I told him I was scared and this is why I didnt come back originaly. Dr Kaul put me at ease, and today, I am greatful he did! I recomend Dr. Kaul to anyone who was or is in my situation. He has a way of comfort. Dr.Kaul, thank you for your patients, Kindness, and help. Today I can run with both my grandchildren. Something I missed out on for to long!

|  excellent physician  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2011

i suffered a severe injury to my back as a result of a car accident and was referred to doctor kaul by my chiropractor. From the moment i met him he as was professional and compassionate. He explained my condition and the treatment I would require. Dr Kaul ultimately performed a minimally invasive lumbar fusion which allowed me to regain my life. I would highly recommend Dr.Kaul