Dr. Richard Kolodrubetz MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Ellicott City, MD

September 12th, 2015
Treats the Whole Patient, Not just an Illness
I started with Dr. K when I lived in Ellicott City in the early '90s. He moved to Elkridge, and I moved to Westminster and now to Middle River. I make the drive to Elkridge because he is the kindest, most compassionate physician I've ever known. He listens and puts the pieces of complicated puzzles together, and I've had some complicated issues. He is glad to hear research I've found that may be a new option. He doesn't discount other modalities of treatment. He treats the whole person, not just individual physical ailments. I took off points for time elements, but he is switching to a new site, and I suspect the minor issues I had regarding timing and responsiveness will resolve, as they were with the overall practice, as opposed to him individually.

April 19th, 2012
insurance grab
Went to him because my insuranse only lets me see certain doctors. I won't be back. When I made the appt., I explained that I had not been to a doctor in a while and I had a few things I needed to talk to him about. Chantix for smoking cessation, a very sore elbow (My self-diagnosis is tennis elbow), incredibly painful tension headaches, and a referral to see a psychologist (I have a learning disability.) We started with the smoking, he made me take an EKG and other tests which I didn't want to do, then he saw a scab from a sunburn on my ear and lectured me about sun safety for 10 minutes. I ensured him I know what sunscreen is and use it on a regular basis, but I got caught off guard one day and ended up getting a sunburn on my ears. That wasn't good enough to end that conversation as he went on for another 10 minutes giving me unwanted suggestions. I was not there for this anyway. I was in his office for about an 1.5 hrs and we never got to the last 3 issues. He said he didn't have time to go over them with me and I would have to make another appointment to do it. I can't really afford to continue paying co-pays on every visit and if he hadn't spent so much time lecturing me about the sun and giving me unwanted tests and exams, we could have handled all of the issues that have been bothering me. It didn't seem like he wanted to listen to me either. I could never finish a thought because he would interrupt me and go off lecturing me again. I will not be returning.

March 25th, 2012
Outstanding
Dr. K. is an outstanding doctor. I had severe anemia and 3 other doctors failed to diagnose it. In part, this was due to the amount of time he spent with me. Dr. K always listens and you never feel rushed to leave. He takes all of my complaints seriously. This may increase the wait to see him, but I'm not sure why anyone would trade quality time with a doctor for less time in a waiting room. I cannot recommend Dr. K highly enough. I have seen a ton of top flight doctors in my life, but Dr. K. is the best so far.

September 27th, 2011
he was an excellent ob-gyn in 1984-85

May 10th, 2011
Very satisfied customer
Dr. K has been my physician for many years and I rate him a 10 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best. He is caring, he listens to you and reacts to your concerns. He is respected by his patients and his fellow physicians.

December 15th, 2009
Dr. K is Exceptional - Office staff is among the worst I've ever encountered
I have found always found Dr. Kolodrubetz to be a personable, caring, and competent physician.However, the office staff is among the worst that I have ever encountered. They are frequently rude and appear uncaring and incompetent. Since they rarely answer the phone directly, one must leave a message to have the call returned. This process frequently takes several days to complete. My experience with their referral staff has be less than satisfactory, leading me to question their competence as well.