A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Carter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Carter, FACS, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Spinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carter has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center-Madison
- Swedish American Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Leland Carter FACS and MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Richard L. Carter practice?
- Dr. Richard Carter has 4 office locations.
Dr. Richard Carter practices Neurological Surgery near Madison, WI.
Additional practice locations include: Waunakee, WI and Janesville, WI.
See Madison Neurological Surgeons.