Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

amazing show details amazing
by David Houfe on Oct 9th, 2014

I have suffered with back problems for many years and have been to many doctors, I always have that feeling of being treated like a number and always leave with unanswered questions. I recently had an appointment with Dr. Carter and his staff, we didn't get all the answers we were looking for, not for lack of Dr. Carters ability but because there needs to be further testing to determine exactly where my problem is. After the appointment I received a personal call From Dr. Carter, it felt amazing to know that there is actually a doctor out there who truly cares about patients. I can't express my gratitude towards Dr. Carter and his wonderful staff. Thank you so much!!

Back pain client show details Back pain client
Apr 25th, 2013

The first thought I had of Dr. Carter was; I am talking to Al Pachino in Glengarry GlenRoss! This should have been an omen. He gave me a sales pitch just like Al's character in the movie. He said, this is up to you. What this means is up to you". He was referring to my MRI. He continued to talk about regaining my quality of life if I had surger. I had the surgery believing I would regain "my quality of life". I never saw Dr. Carter again post surgery. I delt with PAC. I continued to say I was not progressing as I should. I was forced back to work early. The assistants never really listened to me. I presented a letter from my employer explaing my employment demands and my inability to complete them. This went nowhere. I returned for my one year evailuation and Dr. Carter was unavailable to see me. I was met with a PAC I had never met and was told I would continue to experience pain. I was told some patients just have that. I eventually met with Dr. Carter almost a year later only after stron insisting on my part. I was told some folks will have pain long term and that is how it is. I was then told that, he could not prove I was truthful about my pain or not. This not what I expected when I went to his office and scheduled my surgery. In short, I am extreamy unsatisfied with his care and comfort.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by DCC in Wisconsin on Dec 5th, 2011

I saw Dr. Carter for severe leg pain which had lasted for many months and I had seen physical therapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and other people before being referred to Dr. Carter. After seeing my MRI he told me exactly what needed to be done and that he could do it. I was nervous about back surgery and he put absolutely no pressure on me to have surgery. He told me ... "It's up to you...if or when you decide to have surgery...I'll be here."He did my surgery and I have had no leg pain since. He is easy to talk to and a good listener to his patients. I feel that I couldn't have chosen a better doctor.