Surgeons
Video profile
1313 Fish Hatchery Rd
Bay Creek, Madison, WI 53715
608-252-8000
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Back pain client  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2013

The first thought I had of Dr. Carter was; I am talking to Al Pachino in Glengarry GlenRoss! This should have been an omen. He gave me a sales pitch just like Al's character in the movie. He said, this is up to you. What this means is up to you". He was referring to my MRI. He continued to talk about regaining my quality of life if I had surger. I had the surgery believing I would regain "my quality of life". I never saw Dr. Carter again post surgery. I delt with PAC. I continued to say I was not progressing as I should. I was forced back to work early. The assistants never really listened to me. I presented a letter from my employer explaing my employment demands and my inability to complete them. This went nowhere. I returned for my one year evailuation and Dr. Carter was unavailable to see me. I was met with a PAC I had never met and was told I would continue to experience pain. I was told some patients just have that. I eventually met with Dr. Carter almost a year later only after stron insisting on my part. I was told some folks will have pain long term and that is how it is. I was then told that, he could not prove I was truthful about my pain or not. This not what I expected when I went to his office and scheduled my surgery. In short, I am extreamy unsatisfied with his care and comfort.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by DCC in Wisconsin on Dec 5th, 2011

I saw Dr. Carter for severe leg pain which had lasted for many months and I had seen physical therapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and other people before being referred to Dr. Carter. After seeing my MRI he told me exactly what needed to be done and that he could do it. I was nervous about back surgery and he put absolutely no pressure on me to have surgery. He told me ... "It's up to you...if or when you decide to have surgery...I'll be here."He did my surgery and I have had no leg pain since. He is easy to talk to and a good listener to his patients. I feel that I couldn't have chosen a better doctor.