Dr. Richard Harper MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 10 reviews

no change

July 12th, 2016
No more pain after 8 months of terrible pain and being on the strongest pain killers. Dr. Harper operated and now pain free!!!

December 3rd, 2015
Dr. Harper did great performance surgery on my back L-4 and L-5. No more pain at all I feel great after the surgery. It been almost one year so far. I recommend him 5 stars.

July 23rd, 2015
Dr. Harper Saved My Wife's Life
Dr. Harper saved my wife's life in 1983 when she suffered a ruptured aneurysm. At the time, the common practice was to wait for the patient to stabilize (risking a re-bleed) before clipping the vessel. Contrary to that thinking, Dr. Harper operated immediately and she survived and made a full recovery.

March 30th, 2015
I feel like I owe this man my life, because he is literally THE BEST neuro doc around hands down. I feel better than I have in 10 years after one surgery. I was walking the day of surgery and only two weeks later feel as if I never even had a problem. He is amazing and so is his staff. I thank God for doctors like him because there are very few! I'm only 33 by the way and now can live my life to the fullest thanks to this man!

February 24th, 2015
Hands down, the BEST back surgeon in Houston!
I've visited him once, or he looked at my MRI's as a favor to my parents (both parents have had 3 back surgeries each by Dr. Harper & my brother has had 1 back surgery). Dr.Harper immediately said my back was not the problem & would not perform a back surgery on me (after several Rheumatologists said my back was the problem). Turns out Dr. Harper was right on & I was diagnosed with Lupus SLE. Thank goodness he said "no" to surgery b/c many would've operated anyway. He is the "Doctor's Doctor" and I would not trust anyone else. I'd wait however long to have HIM do a surgery, if I ever need one.

October 15th, 2014
The only back surgeon I would go to...
Dr. Harper had performed 2 procedures on my spine - One was a lumbar correction and the other was in the thoracic area. In both cases, even though I had just had surgery, I was in far less pain than before the surgery. I was walking the same day and back to work within a few weeks. His admin, Brenda, is AMAZING and always available to help me with anything, major or minor. I wouldn't go anywhere else for surgical treatment. I traveled from San Antonio for one of my procedures. He's the best. He won't see you if you don't need his kind of help but if you are a good candidate, he's your guy. Don't let an orthopedic do your neurosurgery!! Your spine isn't a knee joint.

March 26th, 2014
Lumbar Laminectomy and Spinal Decompression
I am pain free for the first time in 30 years. Thank you Dr. Harper. I was able to walk without pain the day after surgery. It has now been a year and I am so grateful.

August 31st, 2011
Over all great Doctor and good experience
I echo the comment about Dr. Harper being "dry as toast", but he shoots you straight, dosesn't mince his words. I would rather have a doctor like him over one that wants to sugar coat stuff and be my best buddy. He did what he said he was going to do and what the expect results were going to be and he was right on the money.

March 6th, 2011
I HAD VERY BAD PAIN DOWN ONE LEG AND A DEAD FOOT
DR HARPER TOTALY CHANGED MY LIFE. I WAS TOTALY FREE OF PAIN UPON WAKING UP AFTER SURGERY, 3 YEARS LATER I STILL HAVE NO PAIN AND HAVE RESUMED MY NORMAL LIFE. BEFORE DR HARPER'S HELP MY LIFE WAS OVER, THE PAIN DOWN MY LEG HAD BECOME 99% OF WHO I WAS.

February 10th, 2009
Excellent Surgeon
He did a craneotomy for my wife and saved her life. I recommend him with all my faith, thanks Dr Harper.