inactive

Richard L Jones Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 16th, 2012
Well organized office - cares about the comfort of his patients while they wait to be seen. His office is well run - the nursing staff "like" the babies and kids.Dr. Jones is very thorough. He picked up on a heart murmur in my granddaughter that was not heard by the hospital. He was also able to provide strategies for getting her to sleep through the night.

November 2nd, 2011
While Capital Medical Group overall has some great physicians, many of the policies instituted by Dr. Jones are incomprehensible. Want to schedule a flu shot? Good luck, they're only offered at limited hours that are quite inconvenient for families with two working parents. Need copies of your medical records? Better be ready to pony up 75 cents per page. That's right, 75 cents per page, more than most large New York law firms charge. Hope to be seen quickly after being taken back to an exam room? Be prepared to languish. Hope for a supportive bedside manner from Dr. Jones? Try condescension. I once had to take my child to an urgent care facilitiy over a weekend, and was told by the physician there to schedule a follow-up for my son first thing on Monday morning with our regular pediatrician. Imagine my surprise when I attempted to make that follow-up appointment and was told that CMG does not accept follow-up appoinments on Mondays, even if the initial appointment was not with a CMG physician. I bullied my way into the appointment (thankfully) because the antibiotics we'd been given at the urgent care facility weren't working and my son's infection was worsening... but he should have waited an extra 24 hours to get proper medication because he didn't fit the "acceptable" type of appoinment for a Monday. I could go on and on with the list of reasons I have come to truly resent this physicians' practice. I was happy at first, and there are some first rate individual doctors in the practice, but the overall policies and I-know-more-about-your-child attitude of the founding physician make sadly and significantly outweighs all else.

September 2nd, 2011
Have been going to this office for 12 years.The Docs are excellent. Seen all of them and have been pleased with each. HOWEVER, the desk staff and many of the nurses on the other hand act completely opposite. (There are a few nurses who have been professional and nice and don't act like they are doing me a favor). Unfortunately, most appear down trodden and overworked and not happy. I've thought perhaps it was being there later in the afternoon and they were tired, no, same attititude earlier in day as well. It would be nice if they were trained in customer service. Bottom line: once you get through the hassle and attitudes from front desk staff and the first line nurses who actually greet and weigh, do blood pressure, give shots, etc. which is mostly a negative experience, the Docs are great.