Dr. Richard Long Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Richard Long?

Posted on December 7th, 2015

I love Dr Long, He is very kind, professional, and personal.

Posted on June 4th, 2015

After 10 years as his patient Dr. Long has just lost my business and that of my husband. I can live with the 30-45 minute waits in his waiting room and again in his exam room. I can tolerate his mood swings and caustic remarks. But I WILL NOT forgive his inability to follow through with his care. I have been unable to get treatment for a bladder infection for two days now because neither he nor his partners have time to see sick patients, his staff doesn't return calls in a timely manner and then neglect to call in prescriptions even though they'll tell you it's been done. And the obsolute deal breaker is when his answering service tells a patient that "Dr. Long doesn't take calls from patients after hours. He refers everyone to the Emergency Room." Really? Is he going to pay my bill for the ER visit or reimburse me for my time spent there and for my pain because of his negligence? And this man calls himself a physician? Not mine any longer!!

BAD DR!!!

Posted on April 15th, 2015

Terrible dr, no social skills! And terrible diagnosis! Why was I referred to a specialist????????????

Very Happy Patient

Posted on March 2nd, 2015

I cannot believe all of the negative reviews here. I have gone to Dr. Long many times and have never found him to be rude,uncaring, or impatient. I have dozens of friends who go to him, they are all very satisfied. He is extremely kind, compassionate, and takes lots of time with me despite my complex medical problems. Highly recommend!

Happy with Dr. Long

Posted on March 14th, 2014

After being under the care with Army doctors for diabetes for 2 years, when we retired I got the pleasure of actually choosing my own doctor. I chose Dr. Long just because he was on my list to choose from. Dr. Long has been very patient with me, and has been very diligent on working with different meds to help get me in balance. Even when I have strayed, and go back in to get back on track, Dr. Long is very supportive in keeping me focused on my care of being a diabetic. I would highly recommend Dr. Long for your doctor.

Posted on January 23rd, 2014

He is the perfect doctor for a masochist with time to waste. Dr. Long is arrogant, self-important and incredibly rude and yes inappropriate. I am a 63 year old woman and have for the 2nd time been reduced to tears by Dr. Longs treating me like an errant child. It is a shame as The Physicians network appears to be comprised of a good group and is very convenient for me and has a lab right next door; however I am looking for a new internist far away from Dr. Long. I wish that reviews were available for all doctors to help make these choices easier. Do not go to Dr. Long!!!

Patient

Posted on January 14th, 2014

I have never had a bad experience with Dr Long, he is always very kind and easy going and even can make me laugh when I feel like crap. Not sure about the other reviews because I have never seen Dr Long ever be unkind or curt. He likes to joke to easy tension but never would dream of him being unkind. The staff is equally kind and helpful.

Jekyl & Hyde

Posted on September 16th, 2013

After about 4 years, I've given up and have found another Dr. for my adult Autistic son. Some visits Dr. Long is easy going and takes his time. Others, he is short, curt and makes you feel as if he did you a favor by seeing you. The last straw was last month when after a pre-operative exam for my son prior to a dental procedure.. he walked in and very casually handed me an abnormal EKG with little or no explanation. I had to press him to explain the details to me. Also, when my son was upset by the stickers they left on his chest after the EKG, Dr. Long walked in and told him he was going "to send the big ugly nurse in the room". Uncalled for , didn't mean a thing to my son and showed a complete lack of understanding as to how to handle patients with developmental disabilities. We have moved on and my husband and I are very happy that we found someone else to be our son's Dr.

Posted on July 31st, 2013

I met dr long not long after Katrina. He was new and I was sick n needed to see someone. He was so caring and thorough . I have now been a patient for 7 years. I've gone thru a divorce and other life changing things and he's always been there as a dr and goes above and beyond with his caring. He truly cares about his patients

Opinion

Posted on June 18th, 2013

Dr. Long is extremely moody. Some Visits I encounter this physician, he was having a bad day. On others he was cordial & polite. On the last two appointments I left the exam room each time after waiting in excess of 45 minutes IN the EXAMINATION room without assistant or Long advising as to the delay. My impression Dr. Long doesn't REALLY care about me. As a result I am actively searching for a different physician.

BAD

Posted on April 27th, 2013

AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diagnosis was wrong and when I called back with questions the nurse called me back and was rude also. Didnt even say let me check with him just blew me off!! Never Never again!! The patient knows their body more than the Dr they should listen what the patient has to say not ignore it!! Claimed to have drawn some blood work 2 weeks with no results realized they didnt even order 2 of the test that was origianally ordered!!

Great family doctor!

Posted on January 21st, 2013

Dr Long is a very patient, compassionate doctor. He has always taken excellent care of me. All my friends love him too.