A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Ray:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Ray, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Ray, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ray graduated from University of Pittsburgh .
Dr. Ray has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ray accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 8 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard L. Ray practice?
Dr. Richard Ray practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Orthopedic Surgeons.