A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Smith has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Maryvale Hospital Medical Center
- Banner Mesa Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 2 plans
- SCAN Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 4 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 7 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard L. Smith practice?
Dr. Richard Smith practices Family Medicine near Mesa, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Chandler, AZ.
See Mesa Family Physicians.