Dr. Richard Langert MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 23rd, 2012
This doctor made me miserable.
I was a larger woman 5 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter, and Dr. Langert reminded me constantly about it. He'd gripe about how I was gaining too much weight and barely focus on the pregnancy part. During my labor (first child), I had only been pushing for 10 minutes when he decided that had been long enough and grabbed the vacuum tool and yanked my daughter out. She had a horrible sore on her head and it was misshapen for weeks. According to the nurses, he'd scheduled 10 ladies the same day to be induced so he could have the weekend off to play golf so he was in a rush. At my 6 week check-up, he once again made snide remarks about my weight, and when I asked about Mirena birth control his response was, "I don't want to give it to you, it will cost me $40!" (I was on state health insurance at the time, which apparently he didn't like.) I was miserable and also had PPD and I remember getting back to the car with my husband and baby and just sobbing. I'd wish I'd been smart enough to choose a different doctor from the get-go who wouldn't treat me like trash because I was large and on state health insurance. I'm now skinny and on Tricare through my husband's job in the Army. Don't judge a book by its cover. And if you're a larger lady or on state health coverage, PLEASE seek out a kinder doctor who will treat you like a person.

December 24th, 2009
Dr. Langert Review
Spent time explaining and answering all of my questions.