Dr. Richard Laws Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Richard Laws?

Very Rude and Condescending

Posted on September 13th, 2017

I wish I would have read reviews prior to my appointment with Dr. Laws. Previous reviews on this site and others are spot on. Dr. Laws is very rude and condescending. I was cut off with an "I will answer that" after he gave me a diagnosis, and I asked the next logical question of what is the treatment plan. There were three other comments that I didn't appreciate. 1) He made a comment that I have hair breakage due to "processing", which I don't. I get complimented by my hair stylist and many other people of how long, thick, and healthy my hair is. I told him I don't have chemicals in my hair, so he then says "well chemicals and heat are both processing". Again, my hair is not damaged nor broken off. I just got my hair done the day prior. I guess this was his way to prove the diagnosis with trying to make me have the classic symptoms of hair and scalp issues though the symptoms were on my face. 2) I asked when can I resume facials and/or chemical peels and his response was "well why do you need that?" 3) He also chastised staff that was in my examination room for an examination tray being visible. Don't chastise staff in front of patients! I called back in and complained that I wanted to switch doctors. I won't be returning to Columbia Skin Clinic period because of Dr. Laws, and the office policy that I can't switch to another doctor until 6 months. I guess policy is policy, but the least that they could have done was apologize for how I feel I was rudely treated.

Posted on November 23rd, 2016

Great communicator and efficient. I appreciate his treatment approach - sufficiently agressive to acheive the required result, but not overly agressive.

Horrific Experience!! Always verify..........

Posted on July 8th, 2015

I went to see Dr. Laws after my hair fell out from Seborrheic Dermatitis and a fungus. Which was diagnosed by a previous Dr. The wait to see him(who was the first available Dr.) was six weeks. I have been chemical free for 5 years. He said it was over processed from chemicals(what?), When I informed him I have no chemicals(not even dye) in my hair since shaving if off 5 years ago he said I had heat damage( no boo, I don't use heat either). He came up with so many reasons that did not apply to me. He completely ignored my original diagnosis from my Dr. who did examine my hair at time of onset. He said it was too old to use( six weeks prior). He kept asking the same questions over and over, then said its hard to tell it could be anything. Wow!! Oh the kicker is he said my hair fell out from scratching due to the seborrhea. This is my experience, hope its not yours. Good news is my Dr. treated me successfully.

Posted on August 27th, 2014

I HAVE FOUND DR LAWS TO BE A FINE DOCTOR AND HAS REMOVED THREE CANCERS FROM MY BODY. HE IS VERY PLESANT AND I GIVE HIM HIGHEST MARKS

Bad experience

Posted on July 15th, 2014

Waited almost a hour only to be told that I wanted my procedure for cosmetic reasons rather than medical. Seemed more concerned about getting paid than helping me. Did not communicate his thoughts/treatment plan well and was rude in my opinion. In fact, I was expecting one treatment and got another. Wasn't told until it was finished😒. Needless to say, I will never see him again!

Posted on January 7th, 2014

Egomaniac! Gave my daughter the creeps!

Posted on November 6th, 2017