A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Lazzaro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Lazzaro, Thoracic Surgeon, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lazzaro
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Lazzaro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Lazzaro, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Barrett Esophagus
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lung Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Thoracic Surgical Procedures
- Thymus Tumor (Thymoma)
- Video-Assisted Surgery
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Lazzaro graduated from Albany Medical College. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Lazzaro has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard S Lazzaro MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Richard S. Lazzaro practice?
- Dr. Richard Lazzaro has 2 office locations.
Dr. Richard Lazzaro practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Cardiothoracic Surgeons.