Dr. Richard Legge MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 20th, 2016
Think twice before going
Terrible diagnostics, very unprofessional, and very greedy. Much of his staff is rude as well.

April 29th, 2015
Very knowledgeable and kind. He did surgery on my eye that helped immensely.

March 18th, 2015
Not up-to-date in handling concussions... get a second opinion.
This Dr. was touted to be the best. However his delay to administer medication to the concussion patient to reduce the brain swelling after being asked several times caused permanent damage. His office was however very prompt to send massive bills and schedule useless appointments to rack such bills. Even had the patient return to normal activity too soon with excruciating headaches. What a quack to not know the latest research in the field to indicate that concussions are a lot serious and need to be treated in that light. I write this to prevent others from going down the road of despair this patient and the loved ones have gone thru. There are a lot of other doctors in this field that are up-to-date in training with the newer technologies and research in this field. We used to think more tenure meant more expertise and experience. The medical field is like the computer/electronics industry where it changes really fast these days and the old dogs are finding it hard to keep up with the new tricks. If you are seeing this fraud of a doctor, get a second opinion, it will be far cheaper than a costly mistake that the patient may sustain long term damage.

January 12th, 2015
Terrible wait time. Doesn't make connections with patient. Failed surgery. Won't be going back.

March 1st, 2011
Be patient
My son has been seeing Dr. Legge for years. We have rarely been seen earlier than one hour after our scheduled appointment time. The waiting room is tiny and overcrowded. The majority of the office staff is rude...also, I am a RN and have worked in MD offices for years.At our last appointment, we were told he had prominent vision loss in one eye and we immediately went and purchased prescription eye and sunglasses. Once they arrived, our son kept telling us that he could not see,and felt "strange". I called Dr. Legge's office and spoke with his "nurse", who told me that he never gets a prescription wrong. She advised me to make him wear them..,that he just needed to get used to them. Fast forward a month, he still cannot see. We return to his office to get his eyes examined with his glasses on. Guess what? The prescription was wrong and he could not see. I feel horrible for making him wear his glasses for the past month! I also feel bad that the MD got this wrong. I do feel that the exam was rushed and this was the consequence.

February 8th, 2011
Outstanding and caring dr
I wish I lived closer to Dr Legge so I could continue to see him as my Neuro-Opthmalogist

December 14th, 2010
Wow! The most rude receptionist in the world
Wow. I have never been treated so RUDE before on the phone. I called Dr. Legge's office to see about their free eye care clinic. The receptionist said, "Do you have insurance?" and I said "Yes, but my son isn't covered under this plan." She said the free eye care clinic is for kids with no insurance. I said, "I have insurance but my son isn't covered, so isn't the same thing? " She said, "No, this clinic is for people who don't have insurance." I said, "Okay, then how about I tell you I don't have insurance?" She said, "You'll be cheating the system. Dr. Legge sees kids whose parents have nothing." I said, "So, I am penalized for having a job, but with poor insurance?" She said, "I want to know who gave you the phone number for our free clinic so I can set this person straight. " I said, "No, I won't give you her number because I believe you'll be inconsiderate on the phone with her as you are with me. " She hung up on me! She was extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. I hope Dr. Legge is more professional and courteous than his office staff. I am disgusted by how I was treated!