Dr. Richard Leland Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Greenville, SC

2.3

April 15th, 2015
I have finally gotten tired of going here, Dr. Leland doesn't seem to want to take time to figure out what might be ailing his patients. He just seems content with treating symptoms, referring, and scheduling follow ups. Time to shop a new office.

February 6th, 2015
Speaks very quickly, shot gun style. Smiled answered questions. Let down his "bedside manner" just a second too early leaving the room, almost audible groan of disgust or relief to be out of the room. Kind of funny, does not hurt my feelings just speaks volumes about what he is really thinking about the patient.

October 1st, 2014
Take your records and RUN!
Having been a patient for over 10 years, I am finally fed up with the staff and the doctors. This is not a doctors office. This is a "patient mill". The staff previously was friendly helpful and CARED. Not even the doctors do that now. Billing and how many people they can fit in a day are all they care about. You can wait for 2 hours after your appointment time before you even see a doctor and then only for less than 5 minutes. Haven't been sick recently? Make sure you go soon because if you have not been sick in over 3 years they do not consider you a patient any longer and they do not accept new patients. So no matter we have been paitents since 2000 we are done. If you want a family practice that CARES and will treat you and your family like people, then Milestone is NOT the practice for you.

March 31st, 2014
My wife and I were patients of Dr. Leland for 4 years. He is extremely knowledgable and thorough in his diagnosis and will even escalate you to a specialist when the need arrises. WIth that being said I would NOT RECOMMEND his practice. We went to Dr Leland to get a referral for a reproductive specialist. Dr. Leland gave us several options and went through the statistics of what may be causing our inability to conceive. At the end of the appointment he mentions "I see neither of you have had a physical this year, would it be OK if we ran some of those tests". Based on this it would sound like the tests would be submitted to our insurance company as a physical. Unfortunately not, they submitted it as infertility which is not covered. We then get a bill for almost $800 for these tests. After three months of arguing with his office, they agree to lower the bill to $225 total. I finally asked them to go back and talk to Dr. Leland, that we had been loyal patients of his for years and would like to continue, but if he could not take care of this charge we would no longer seek his care. Not only did we not get a call back, but they continued to send us bills. When i called again, they told me they had spoken with Dr. Leland and he claimed he explained the tests would not be part of a physical and would likely not be charged by insurance. That is a complete lie. I finally paid the bill today so they didn't turn us over to a collector. I would absolutely NOT RECOMMEND him to anyone.

March 17th, 2013
Waste of time and money
This man has no bedside manner whatsoever. I came in for heart problems and he listened for all of 2 seconds to my heart. He jumped up and ran out of the room as soon as he said what he had to say. I thought he ran to tell the medical assistant something, but nope, he was done. Rude and arrogant.

February 6th, 2013
Terrible, RUSH RUSH RUSH
This Dr. wants to do nothing but run labs and leach everything he can out of you. You've been warned!

September 28th, 2012
I did not like him at all.
I will never see him again.

July 31st, 2012
Seriously Arrogant!
My family recently moved here and called Dr. Leland's office to set up an appointment. They took some basic information from me and informed me that Dr. Leland would review my request and decided whether or not to accept me as a new patient. Isn't this arrogant and ridiculous? This office informed me that this was so he could determine if he would be able to treat my conditions and be the right physician for me which I found to be absolutely absurd. And anyway, isn't that what consultations are for? It's not like he's wasting his time. Either way, he's getting compensated for the visit. I can't believe potential patients actually put up with this.

January 20th, 2012
Dr. Leland could care less about his patients. He will basically make an excuse just to have you come in so he can collect more money.

March 4th, 2011
Dr. Leland is an excellant doctor but the rest of the staff at Milestone Family Medicine are rude and do not care about their patients. He would benefit on being in his own practice.