Dr. Richard Lesko MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Berkeley Heights, NJ

3.9

July 23rd, 2014
I would highly recommend Dr. Lesko to anyone. He gave me a thorough exam and patiently answered all of my questions. He takes constructive action when he sees a problem, but he does NOT try to rush patients into drug regimens (e.g., statins) that they don't need. He is a kind, compassionate, and trustworthy doctor.

April 18th, 2014
LACK OF CONCERN
Long time patient who had to be sent from doctor's office to the hospital via ambulance. Doctor and staff showed total lack of concern in that I was NEVER contacted for followup or courtesy call, having been sent to hospital. Very surprised at staff and doctor.

December 12th, 2011
The most thorought exam by a compassionate and caring doctor. Rare these day.

April 28th, 2011
"No follow up" is bad medicine
Dr. Lesko is very pleasant and gives you all the time you need. However, he does not provide good follow up care. He told me he would get some information for me and let me know what it meant. He never did it. I wrote him a letter to ask about it and got no reply. I called his staff to ask about it and was told he doesn't respond to letters. His staff was very rude, kept interrupting me, and was of no use. During the actual office visit, his staff actually wrote down one vital statistic incorrectly -- luckily I caught the error when discussing it with Dr. Lesko. And his billing department messed up with my insurance company. If you want a very good bedside manner, he's a good choice. If you want very good medical care, I can't say the same.

March 2nd, 2011
I felt this doctor was dismissive of symptoms. He was rigid in his view of testing, result interpretation and treatment. If you want a doctor to tell you what's right and what to do he's your man. If you want a doctor who listens to you can you can discuss your medical condition with (not listen to why his way is the only right way) you may want to consider another physician.

July 15th, 2010
Thorough Communicator
Well educated, friendly, and thorough. Dr. Lesko is a great communicator and belongs to an excellent medical group, so you know you're covered should you need to be referred to a specialist.

March 16th, 2009
He is often too busy to get an appt when needed and I have been directed to urgent care when I really wanted to see my physician.