A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Lester:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Lester is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lester
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Lester Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Lester, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Contact lenses
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Retina Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Lester graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Lester has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Dana Lester MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Richard D. Lester practice?
- Dr. Richard Lester has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Lester practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.