Ophthalmologist
3075 Health Center Dr
Ste 403
San Diego, CA 92123
858-278-9900
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  BEST DOCTOR AROUND  |  show details
by NANCY M on Jun 12th, 2014

DR. LEUNG IS THE BEST- I AM SO VERY HAPPY WITH MY EYESIGHT AFTER SURGERY. HES A GENIUS AND VERY SKILLED. HIS STAFF IS WONDERFUL. THEY TAKE THE TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO YOU AND SCHEDULING SURGERY WAS A BREEZE. THANK YOU DR. LEUNG, DIANA, ALL THE NURSES, AND STAFF.

|  needs to listen  |  show details
by fireman retired on May 22nd, 2014

I have heard he has magic fingers from another Dr. but his relating and listening needs a good more improvement. His surgery schedular ibecomes rude if you disagree with her and you don't go with the upsale.

|  The "BEST" Cataract Surgeon In San Diego, CA, The Most Accurate Diagnosis With Magical Hands!!  |  show details
by Maryam Z. on Dec 13th, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Richard Leung, as the best cataract surgeon I have ever met with the most accurate diagnosis, the best care, and follow-up. I am in my forty's with very high myopic prescription of -13 and -14 plus about 2-3 diopter astigmatism in each eye, he was the only doctor of the four I consulted whose opinion was the most reliable, logical, and turned out to be correct post-surgery. Thanks to him, after the surgery, having crystal lenses implants along with LRI procedure to get ride of my astigmatism, my vision is now 20/20 in one eye and 20/25 in the other. My reading vision is also in most cases unassisted. I am greatly satisfied from the result and this was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. Thank you so much for giving my eye sight back.

|  The Best  |  show details
by Claire Peterson on Dec 7th, 2013

I was initially very skeptical about getting eye surgery to correct my vision, especially after an unsavory initial consultation with another doctor a few years ago, who is actually quite esteemed in his field. But after my first appointment with Dr. Leung, I knew that I was in the best of hands. His bedside manner is impeccable, and his friendly and jovial personality is infectious. I felt completely comfortable throughout the whole procedure. He has a very calming presence. Dr. Leung has given me the gift of perfect vision and I am so lucky to have been referred to him. He treats his patients incredibly and is a very personable Doctor. I could not have received any better care. -Claire

|  PRK surgery  |  show details
by J Elder on Nov 25th, 2013

So I have been looking into eye surgery for over twelve years, while waiting for my eyes to stop getting worse. Finally after four years without change I decided it was time. I first went in to see Dr. Leung, just to see if surgery would work for me. From the time I walked in, everyone was really helpful; the office stays busy so be prepared for a bit of a wait. Even with that said, Dr. Leung is friendly and will take time to answer any and all questions. You will see different people for each step of the testing, that may put you off some, but in the end I believe it is the smartest way for each person to know their part of the process very well. Also this keeps the office moving smoothly. There was no pressure to go through with the surgery. Even after I decided to get the surgery they still went through all the steps to make sure I was getting exactly the right surgery for me. With help from Dr. Leung I decided to go with PRK; it takes longer to heal but it is well worth the wait. Six months later no real problems other than it's a little hard to drive at night (I am still seeing starbursts 'halos' around lights). I took the pain pills mostly for headaches. All the eye drops are a must, and there are a lot. Everything went smoothly and yet the doctor -or someone from the office- called me every day the first week after the surgery. The doctor also came in on Saturday to check my eyes and called me himself on Sunday. I have told anyone that would listen how great Dr. Leung is and how satisfied I am with the results and the process.

|  Exceptional care from an Exceptional doctor.  |  show details
by Brian B. Canin on Jul 25th, 2013

The overall impression you get with Dr. Leung is one of extreme competence and caring. He is very smart - something I always look for in a doctor! He is always upbeat, and always seems to care deeply about me as a patient every time I see him. He runs a VERY professional organization, each nurse and technician is excellent at what they do and they spend the time with you giving you not only the medical information that you need, but delivered in such a way that you understand the information imparted. Dr. Leung saw that my retina was about to detach, and while he is qualified to do this sort of operation himself, he recommended a specialist who only does a certain kind of retina repair. He specifically has the patient's best interest at heart. Years ago, when I had holes in my retina, Dr. Leung did the procedure in his office and for years I was fine. When my retina many years later needed reattachment - I was referred to Dr. Nick London for that. Following the reattachment surgery I eventually needed a cataract operation and Dr. Leung did that. Again, it was a very professional job by a very caring a professional person! I would never go anywhere else if I needed a cataract operation or any other procedure for my eye. Dr. Richard Leung is wonderful.

|  Lasik eye surgery  |  show details
by Heidi S. on Jun 27th, 2013

Dr. Leung is very personable, professional and just good at what he does. The staff that works with him are courteous and professional, as well. I had Lasik surgery a year & a half ago and I have no regrets. I had very poor vision and wore very thick lenses before. My vision is now 20/20, thanks to his expertise. Dr. Leung explained my options clearly and made me feel comfortable during the procedure. He won't perform the surgery if he feels you are not a candidate for it. He is honest and straight forward. I highly recommend him and his staff.

|  Very Thorough, Very Professional  |  show details
May 6th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Leung's for over 10 years. He is very thorough in every examination, looking for any issues with my eyes and following up with a variety of tests to catch problems as early as possible. His meticulous record keeping permits him to see small changes over time and to select the right time for treatment. I like the way he tracks new technology and provides the option to utilize the most up to date techniques to his patients. Finally, he's a pleasure to talk to and willing to spend the time needed to answer questions. I trust him.

|  The right decision.  |  show details
by Z on Apr 23rd, 2013

I've always wanted to get LASIK for years but don't know which doctor to go to, after reading Dr. Leung's background and profile I've decided to get one done with him, it turned out to be a right decision. The skills and the professionalism of Dr. Leung, and most importantly the outcome of the LASIK shows that I've chosen the right doctor, I would recommend Dr. Leung to everyone. P.S. Julie at the front desk is incredibly awesome, she's helped me numerous times in terms of changing appointments, obtaining documents from Dr. Leung, etc.

|  show details
by gary stupp on Apr 20th, 2013

Dr Leung is the best - I had cataract surgery - received Bausch and Lomb Crystalens lens - My vision is fonderful thanks to Dr Leung

|  Excellent Opthomologist  |  show details
by Jim B on Apr 19th, 2013

Very personable and caring. Detailed examinations. Referral to sub-specialists as needed.

|  The Ultimate Professional  |  show details
by Lois M on Apr 15th, 2013

Dr. Leung was referred to me MANY years ago by my dentist. My husband and I both had wonderful experiences with Lasik back then, maybe 15 years ago. Last year I had cataract surgery in both eyes. I have perfect vision. Any wait to see him is so worth it, because he is caring, professional, and extremely good at what he does. I would never think of going to anyone else. I have referred many others to him! 4 stars all the way!!

|  The Best  |  show details
by Sylvia B on Apr 14th, 2013

There is only one doctor to see in San Diego for eye surgery. Dr Leung transformed my vision even years ago when he performed cataract surgery on both my eyes. He and his staff made the entire procedure a worry-free experience with their dedicated professionalism. As a painter and colorist, I'm grateful to have 20/20 vision new and the ability to see my work in colors that are clear and true.

|  Pushes testing every 2-3 months  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2012

Even though my tests showed no problems, he always had expensive tests made on my eyes...expecting me to come every 3 months. I feel he is milking the Medicare system and finally objected to this practice. He also had patients backed up so we always had to wait 30-45 minutes. Then he would breeze in take a quick look, make a few comments and leave within a few minutes. I will not see him again.

|  Leung Richard J Md - San Diego Eye & Laser is Wonderful  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 7th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Leung performed performed the wavefront lasiq surgery on my eyes over 5 years ago. I had been seeing Dr. Leung`s office for regular eye...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Extremely Unprofessional  |  show details
by clairemont_chuck on Dec 6th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I can't say enough bad about this office. It has been quite some time since I visited the office ┐ primarily because my first experience was so bad I wouldn't consider going back. On my only visit to Dr. Leung he gave me a diagnosis (which was incorrect) that he was not qualified to make. He stood up, and walked out of the examination room leaving me to find my way out of the office. This was the most unprofessional medical visit I have ever experienced. I rated this business with 1 star because I can't give it 0 stars. I would never recommend this office to anyone.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com