Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Bad Visits - Skipped the Surgery show details Bad Visits - Skipped the Surgery
Jul 24th, 2016

My daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis several years ago and our pediatrician referred us to Dr. Lim. The very first visit was great. He listened and gave us some options including bracing to avoid surgery, which we were glad to hear. After that visit he was always rushing in and never seemed to listen. We went to him for 2 years and at every visit he asked questions as if he had never seen us before. Never made us feel like he knew us or cared. Reluctantly, we scheduled to have the surgery with him and on our final visit before surgery, we asked a question indicating our concerns and he lost it. He refused to do the surgery if we doubted him or the surgery option at all. We opted not to do the surgery with him since he could not be questioned. I would not recommend anyone to him.

Would not go anywhere else show details Would not go anywhere else
by Jean H on Jul 14th, 2016

I went in with a severe sciatica problem. I got in a few days after I called for my appointment and the staff was very nice. The doctor was exactly what I was looking for, after the exam he explained everything from therapy to surgery. Wanted me to start with 6 weeks of therapy and made me an appointment for 6 weeks to see him for follow up. He was extremely gentile as I was in a lot of pain, he explained and provided a visual of what was happening to me and how he wanted to see if we could correct it without surgery. Never once did he try to sign me up for surgery, which is what I was looking for. After six weeks of therapy I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lim. Would go back to him for sure.

Great experience. Great physician. show details Great experience. Great physician.
by Jo on Jul 12th, 2016

I found Dr. Lim to be very warm and caring and professional. He explained everything to me including showing me my x-rays and MRI, taking the time to help me understand my issues. I'm very pleased with him as my doctor and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Jun 23rd, 2016

Very condescending and does not listen to your concerns. He is caring until there is no more money to make with you. Once he makes a decision, will not listen to your input.

Avoid at all cost show details Avoid at all cost
Apr 9th, 2016

Not a great surgeon. Rushes in and out. Very arrogant and don't question him, because he will just get angry and treat you like a child. Doesn't explain any procedures he will do on you. Then he rushes out before you can ask any questions. Unless you want a doctor who rushes surgeries and treats everyone like a child, find one who actually cares for you and just blows you off when he can't make any more money from you.

Dr.Lim show details Dr.Lim
by Tommy Yalovay on Mar 28th, 2016

Dr.Lim and his partner Dr.Meeker are professionals and I recommend them to anyone with back pain .

Misdiagnosed after cervical fusion and shoulder doctor at that practice missed a HAGL tear and another tendon that was off the bone show details Misdiagnosed after cervical fusion and shoulder doctor at that practice missed a HAGL tear and another tendon that was off the bone
Nov 13th, 2015

Dr. Lim performed an ACDF in my cervical spine, and I have had to have a revision surgery less than a year later due to non-union after Dr. Lim told me I was fused and fully healed. The hardware placed at time of surgery was loose and moving around in my neck causing severe pain. He was extremely reluctant to send me for an MRI after surgery after I repeatedly complained of pain, I think because he knew there was a problem and didn't want to own up to it. Saw another surgeon, had a CT scan which confirmed non-union and had the revision surgery. I'm fused, with tons of metal in my neck now and will never be 100% again but I knew that going in. Stay away!!!! Very interested in you if he thinks you will opt for surgery, but if you have a problem after surgery he suddenly becomes rude, arrogant and cold.

Don't waste your time with Lim show details Don't waste your time with Lim
Sep 16th, 2015

Spent about 90 seconds with me. Very disinterested in my symptoms. I spend over an hour doing paper work, and waited for over an hour to be seen, just to have him walk in and walk out. I was mid-sentence trying to explain my condition, and he left without answering.

Not worth the wait : ( show details Not worth the wait : (
by John on May 5th, 2015

Needs technology .. Cannot independently think for self

AVOID THIS GUY! show details AVOID THIS GUY!
Mar 26th, 2015

Avoid this guy at all cost. He does not listen and does not care about any issues you may have. If he can't make money off of you, then he has already moved on to the next patient. He is rough and will man handle you even if you tell him that what he is doing is hurting you. If I could give this a zero I would. He doesn't even deserve the one star. Find yourself a doctor that will listen to you and handle you with Care. ZERO BEDSIDE MANNER!

Very Disapointed! show details Very Disapointed!
by No stars on Dec 10th, 2014

Dr Lim certainly does not live up to even a decent orthopaedic man. I've been to some very good ones. He is not one of them. He is in too much of a hurry to listen to your problems and acts on his ability to make money$$$$$$$surgery. He is rude arrogant and and insulting to his patients. Do your self a favor and find someone else. He is not even worth a visit. He is a bully!!!!!!!!!!!!

At fault show details At fault
by unknown on Dec 8th, 2014

My dad went in for what was supposed to be am outpatient surgery that took 40 minutes and two weeks later died. Dr. Lim is always in a rush. Doesn't take the time to listen to his patients. For two weeks my dad had swollen feet after the surgery and dr. LIM DIDN'T even think about putting him on blood thinners or order a doppler. All he told him to do was elevate his feet . My dad is dead now. We will never see him again. Before surgery my dad was a healthy man. All he complained about was pain in his leg due from his back. He is gone and will never see him again. Today, would have been his birth day. I think doctors need to book less patients, listen more and worry about patients health verses making a buck! !!

A Wonderful Doctor and Very Skillful Surgeon show details A Wonderful Doctor and Very Skillful Surgeon
by Matthew G. Zatkalik on Sep 19th, 2014

Had two distinct spinal surgeries within a two-year period of time. There were a number of visits to his office, care from multiple members of his staff, calls to the office and visits from Dr. Lim, pre- and post-operation at the hospital. I am very appreciative for the change made to my lifestyle by his medical expertise.

Police Officer show details Police Officer
by David S. on Sep 18th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Lim's for almost 10 years, when a serious hit and run accident ended my career as a Chicago Police Officer. I was referred to Dr. Lim through the Department, and it was the BEST decision they ever made. Dr. Lim's professionalism, compassion for me and my pain (over 36 broken bones), his wonderful staff and P.A. Mike Meeker is the reason I would and WILL recommend Dr. Lim for medical attention. I never felt like I was "beneath" his knowledge, nor has he ever spoke to me or my wife in anything but a friendly manner. I had to undergo 2 separate neck fusions, and I will be undergoing my 2nd spinal fusion due to my accident, and I have nothing but the utmost confidence in Dr. Lim. For those of you who have chosen to give bad reviews, look in the mirror ... When you walked into his office you walked in with an attitude and you got one back! Again, I have NEVER had a bad thing to say about Dr. Lim, his courteous staff, and the other Doctors in his practice! That's Dr. Branovacki for the new hip ... I can actually walk without a limp or pain!

1 of the worst doctors I've ever seen. show details 1 of the worst doctors I've ever seen.
by Matthew on Jul 26th, 2014

I had seen Dr. Lim for chronic back pain and chronic neck pain along with a few more symptoms. I previously had been attending physical therapy, stretching, and had done everything I was told by my Dr.'s to alleviate my discomfort and inability to sleep b/c of the pain. I'm a 30 year old active man who eats healthy and generally tries to take care of myself. Upon reviewing an xray of my back that had shown what he "believed" to be a cluster of bone spurs on my sacrum he told me "to tough it out and take some tylenol". After telling him I've tried phys therapy, stretching, meloxicam, and have caused some stomach issues b/c of taking too many NSAIDS I asked what else I could do. He basically told me that's all I could do and quickly left the room. Went to a different Dr. and ended up getting an MRI/bone scan/xrays of neck/etc. and it was found that I have spinal stenosis, bone spurs all over my cervical spine of which some are impressing on some nerves, have cervical radiculopathy, likely to have degenerative disc disease, and I have to get more testing done to see if I have cervical spondylitis, pinched nerve, slipped disc, and/or sciatica. Overall, very condescending in how he talks to you, seems to disregard patient's complaints/symptoms, and believes that younger people can just tough pain out. I'm sure he's a smart guy and in some cases a good doctor, though my experience was horrible in every way except in regards to his office staff.

Jul 24th, 2014

his attitude sucks very arrogant and rude disrespectful talks down to you, very cocky he might know his stuff but treats people like crap if he doesn't like you.

If you need to ask questions, he is not the doctor for you! show details If you need to ask questions, he is not the doctor for you!
Mar 28th, 2014

Firstly, his PA spends most of the time with the patient. Dr. Lim will spend about 5 minutes with you. My doctor thought his report was one of the worst he has ever seen and basically said nothing. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. Would never recommend him.

wow show details wow
by Juan on Dec 2nd, 2013

Today is my wife's scheduled back surgery day... I am writing this as we wait for them to come get her for surgery, I will not talk about post operative things but what we are familiar with is him, he's the nicest doctor that we've ever dealt with. His personality is that of a good neighbor! You could do worse but I don't think that you could do better than Dr. Lim.

Best Spine Surgeon show details Best Spine Surgeon
by Anonymous on Jun 12th, 2013 on doctor.com

Dr. Lim did such a great job on me and he is the only surgeon I would trust to work on my spine. He is my favorite of all doctors. I can't say enoug ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Dr. Lim is the BEST!!! show details Dr. Lim is the BEST!!!
by Jane E. on Jun 12th, 2013 on doctor.com

Dr. Lim performed surgery on me, and I was almost pain-free the following day. I continued to have numbness for approximately two weeks after, on and ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Best Spine Surgeon show details Best Spine Surgeon
by Mary on Jun 7th, 2013

I saw Dr. Lim for pain that I had in my neck, left shoulder, and left arm. When the pain got too bad, Dr. Lim ordered an MRI which revealed that I had a herniated disk, as well as two other disks all pressing on my spinal cord. Dr. Lim scheduled surgery immediately, and then met with my husband and I and went over the surgery in great detail with us. I found him to be very professional, friendly, and even sweet. The outcome of the surgery was excellent; I had no pain the day after surgery, and never needed pain medication for the surgery. I would not allow any other surgeon to touch my spine. Dr. Lim is phenomenal!!!

Oct 4th, 2012

Failed neck fusion, he decided one week before surgery to switch from cadaver bone to some mesh thing he just saw at a conference (sure he received a kick back). Would not answer calls, never returned calls. Turns out my first surgery for my lower back (supposed 20 year fix) lasted 5 years. After checking with 2 other back surgeons my only fix to stop the pain is to have two more surgeries which would cost 70% mobility and put me in wheelchair. So I know live in pain everyday. But boy those bill collectors from his office can call, mail, and hound you. His office is a joke 1 hour 30 minute wait and when I went up asked how much longer I got yelled at by the lady behind the counter.

JAMES ELLIS show details JAMES ELLIS
Jan 3rd, 2012

COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE SATISFIED. THIS DOCTOR IS A MEDICAL GOD!

Fabulous show details Fabulous
Jan 1st, 2012

I have seen Dr. Lim for a herniated disc twice. The second time around I could do nothing else to ease the pain so we opted for surgery - a microdiscectomy. Smartest decision I have ever made. The surgery proved to be the only thing that helped. I was an outpatient and am healed. Left without pain medications and three years later, I have my life back.

One of the Best!! show details One of the Best!!
Nov 11th, 2011

Could not have handled my situation any better. I am not a big fan of doctors, but Dr.Lim is top notch.

Sep 8th, 2011

Dr. Lim and his staff are angels. My husband was in such severe back pain he couldn't drive home one day so an ambulance had to take him to a nearby hospital.... against all odds... Dr. Lim had him transferred the next day by ambulance to Christ Hospital and performed surgery on him that afternoon. Not only did work a miracle by getting him into surgery at a moments notice... his back is now healing beautifully. Dr. Lim and his staff are amazing and I am so very grateful for the great care they have provided. Thank you.

Sep 2nd, 2010

One of the best doctors I have ever had and this to include surgery.

by Rose E. Lovecky on Feb 17th, 2010

Dr. Lim ,as well as PA, Mike Meeker, have treated me with nothing but care and kindness. Dr. Lim will always be rated as a number physician and surgeon in my family. He has taken very good care of me with regard to my health and back problems. Mike Meeker is also a very caring and kind person who gives his undivided attention to me when I have a dr. appointment. Two people I trust with my life!