Surgical Specialist
Midwest Orthopaedics Consultants
10719 160th St
Orland Park, IL 60467
708-226-3300
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  retired  |  show details
by Shirley on Apr 20th, 2014

Dr. Lim performed an Anterior Cervical Disection and Fusion surgery for me in February of 2013. It has now been one year out. My hospital stay was a short two days, and I was pain free after the third day. I only needed follow-up pain meds for a few nights. I did not lke the necessary neck brace much, but I have a push up recliner that was very helpful through those six weeks. The inconvenience was worth it....problem resolved....no residual pain. I will need L5S1 fusion shortly, for which I am returning to Dr. Lim.

|  If you need to ask questions, he is not the doctor for you!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2014

Firstly, his PA spends most of the time with the patient. Dr. Lim will spend about 5 minutes with you. My doctor thought his report was one of the worst he has ever seen and basically said nothing. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. Would never recommend him.

|  wow  |  show details
by Juan on Dec 2nd, 2013

Today is my wife's scheduled back surgery day... I am writing this as we wait for them to come get her for surgery, I will not talk about post operative things but what we are familiar with is him, he's the nicest doctor that we've ever dealt with. His personality is that of a good neighbor! You could do worse but I don't think that you could do better than Dr. Lim.

Aug 30th, 2013

He did a good job in the end, but I had to go through a month of pain before getting an MRI.

Jul 25th, 2013

Went to dr lim last april (2012) for major back pain. I had 2 herniated discs a fracture and some other issues. At first he seemed wonderful explained everything very clearly and understandable. We did an l5-s1 fusion that i have had nothing but issues with ever since. It started with his nurses who accused me of being a drug addict because i was 22 then when i told him about the terrible pain i was in he just pushed it off and said ph your xrays look fine i havent seen him in 8 months and refuse togo back i am now in pain management which my dr told me he sees roughly 1/2 of dr lims patients within a year i have to get a 2nd surgery to try and rid this horrible pain. I wouldnt recomend him to anyone !

|  Dr. Lim is the Best Spine Surgeon  |  show details
by Maggie on Jun 12th, 2013

Dr. Lim is phenomenal!!! A great surgeon and a nice man. I will never go to anyone else for my spine issues.

|  Best Spine Surgeon  |  show details
by Mary on Jun 7th, 2013

I saw Dr. Lim for pain that I had in my neck, left shoulder, and left arm. When the pain got too bad, Dr. Lim ordered an MRI which revealed that I had a herniated disk, as well as two other disks all pressing on my spinal cord. Dr. Lim scheduled surgery immediately, and then met with my husband and I and went over the surgery in great detail with us. I found him to be very professional, friendly, and even sweet. The outcome of the surgery was excellent; I had no pain the day after surgery, and never needed pain medication for the surgery. I would not allow any other surgeon to touch my spine. Dr. Lim is phenomenal!!!

Oct 4th, 2012

Failed neck fusion, he decided one week before surgery to switch from cadaver bone to some mesh thing he just saw at a conference (sure he received a kick back). Would not answer calls, never returned calls. Turns out my first surgery for my lower back (supposed 20 year fix) lasted 5 years. After checking with 2 other back surgeons my only fix to stop the pain is to have two more surgeries which would cost 70% mobility and put me in wheelchair. So I know live in pain everyday. But boy those bill collectors from his office can call, mail, and hound you. His office is a joke 1 hour 30 minute wait and when I went up asked how much longer I got yelled at by the lady behind the counter.

|  JAMES ELLIS  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE SATISFIED. THIS DOCTOR IS A MEDICAL GOD!

|  Fabulous  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2012

I have seen Dr. Lim for a herniated disc twice. The second time around I could do nothing else to ease the pain so we opted for surgery - a microdiscectomy. Smartest decision I have ever made. The surgery proved to be the only thing that helped. I was an outpatient and am healed. Left without pain medications and three years later, I have my life back.

|  One of the Best!!  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

Could not have handled my situation any better. I am not a big fan of doctors, but Dr.Lim is top notch.

Sep 8th, 2011

Dr. Lim and his staff are angels. My husband was in such severe back pain he couldn't drive home one day so an ambulance had to take him to a nearby hospital.... against all odds... Dr. Lim had him transferred the next day by ambulance to Christ Hospital and performed surgery on him that afternoon. Not only did work a miracle by getting him into surgery at a moments notice... his back is now healing beautifully. Dr. Lim and his staff are amazing and I am so very grateful for the great care they have provided. Thank you.

Aug 22nd, 2011

he did my neck surgery.ive had nothing but problems since.when i went back he brushed my pain off like he made his money so now he doesnt want to deal with it

Sep 2nd, 2010

One of the best doctors I have ever had and this to include surgery.

by Rose E. Lovecky on Feb 17th, 2010

Dr. Lim ,as well as PA, Mike Meeker, have treated me with nothing but care and kindness. Dr. Lim will always be rated as a number physician and surgeon in my family. He has taken very good care of me with regard to my health and back problems. Mike Meeker is also a very caring and kind person who gives his undivided attention to me when I have a dr. appointment. Two people I trust with my life!