Dr. Richard Lim MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

March 17th, 2017
Dr Lim did a spinal fusion a few years back for me. From what I understood the success rate of that surgery isn't all that great long term. Well I can tell you now is I have zero pain or discomfort whatsoever. I lift weights like a savage and still, I feel completely fine. I'm actually looking forward for the other discs to go so I can go back and get a tune up from Dr. Lim

January 27th, 2017
The most horrible arrogant Doctor that I have ever dealt with. He kept talking over me, very nasty, disrespectful, unconcerned, and could give less than 2 cents about his patients. Stay away from him

August 19th, 2016
His PA Mr Meeker is very kind, thorough, and patient. But Dr Lim is a pompous condescending jerk!

August 7th, 2016
Call Dr. Earman!
I was referred to Dr. Lim for surgical consult. I was in severe pain and began to have asthma attack in result. Dr. Lim walked in, held his hand up in my face and said "I can't work with this, she's having an asthma attack". My Mom asked Dr. Lim if he was going to help me and he replied, "Call an ambulance", and left the room. I was transported to hospital, where Dr. Earman performed surgery. Call Dr. Earman!!

July 24th, 2016
Bad Visits - Skipped the Surgery
My daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis several years ago and our pediatrician referred us to Dr. Lim. The very first visit was great. He listened and gave us some options including bracing to avoid surgery, which we were glad to hear. After that visit he was always rushing in and never seemed to listen. We went to him for 2 years and at every visit he asked questions as if he had never seen us before. Never made us feel like he knew us or cared. Reluctantly, we scheduled to have the surgery with him and on our final visit before surgery, we asked a question indicating our concerns and he lost it. He refused to do the surgery if we doubted him or the surgery option at all. We opted not to do the surgery with him since he could not be questioned. I would not recommend anyone to him.

July 14th, 2016
Would not go anywhere else
I went in with a severe sciatica problem. I got in a few days after I called for my appointment and the staff was very nice. The doctor was exactly what I was looking for, after the exam he explained everything from therapy to surgery. Wanted me to start with 6 weeks of therapy and made me an appointment for 6 weeks to see him for follow up. He was extremely gentile as I was in a lot of pain, he explained and provided a visual of what was happening to me and how he wanted to see if we could correct it without surgery. Never once did he try to sign me up for surgery, which is what I was looking for. After six weeks of therapy I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lim. Would go back to him for sure.

July 13th, 2016
Great experience. Great physician.
I found Dr. Lim to be very warm and caring and professional. He explained everything to me including showing me my x-rays and MRI, taking the time to help me understand my issues. I'm very pleased with him as my doctor and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

June 24th, 2016
Very condescending and does not listen to your concerns. He is caring until there is no more money to make with you. Once he makes a decision, will not listen to your input.

April 9th, 2016
Avoid at all cost
Not a great surgeon. Rushes in and out. Very arrogant and don't question him, because he will just get angry and treat you like a child. Doesn't explain any procedures he will do on you. Then he rushes out before you can ask any questions. Unless you want a doctor who rushes surgeries and treats everyone like a child, find one who actually cares for you and just blows you off when he can't make any more money from you.

March 29th, 2016
Dr.Lim
Dr.Lim and his partner Dr.Meeker are professionals and I recommend them to anyone with back pain .

November 13th, 2015
Misdiagnosed after cervical fusion and shoulder doctor at that practice missed a HAGL tear and another tendon that was off the bone
Dr. Lim performed an ACDF in my cervical spine, and I have had to have a revision surgery less than a year later due to non-union after Dr. Lim told me I was fused and fully healed. The hardware placed at time of surgery was loose and moving around in my neck causing severe pain. He was extremely reluctant to send me for an MRI after surgery after I repeatedly complained of pain, I think because he knew there was a problem and didn't want to own up to it. Saw another surgeon, had a CT scan which confirmed non-union and had the revision surgery. I'm fused, with tons of metal in my neck now and will never be 100% again but I knew that going in. Stay away!!!! Very interested in you if he thinks you will opt for surgery, but if you have a problem after surgery he suddenly becomes rude, arrogant and cold.

September 16th, 2015
Don't waste your time with Lim
Spent about 90 seconds with me. Very disinterested in my symptoms. I spend over an hour doing paper work, and waited for over an hour to be seen, just to have him walk in and walk out. I was mid-sentence trying to explain my condition, and he left without answering.