Dr. Richard Lochamy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8
  • 7 reviews

September 11th, 2016
Rabbi Dr. Barry Albin
I have always been seen within 15 minutes of my appointment. The doctor is friendly, concerned, and caring. He talks to me as an adult and as a professional whom he presumes knows what is best for himself. He provides useful information and tries to find cures rather than just seek to allieviate symptoms. He, a my primary physician, remains involved in all referrals and works diligently to get doctors to treat me well and thoroughly.

April 5th, 2015
Very unprofessional practice
This Dr treats the test results and not the pt and people could die. Clerk acts like she is a triage nurse giving medical advise and will not give you the honor of having an appoint. The clerk is very rude and makes fun of the patients. The Dr is very offended if you ask for a referral for a specialist because you want to be taken care of and want to feel better and he is not helping at all. I am sorry to say that Imdo not recommend this Dr in the least.

June 24th, 2014
I can't believe he is still allowed to be a physician! Very rude. A bully, and doesn't respect women. A family member was assigned to him when hospitalized and regular physician was on vacation. He was neglectful and a big part of the reason my family member died under his care. Ignored our family's questions and concerns, bullied and threatened a family member when he couldn't get a document he wanted that would let him go home for the night instead of caring for his patient. Was negligent that the proper medication wasn't being administered and that orders weren't being followed. Please don't risk your life.

March 26th, 2014
Wouldn't send my dog to this practicing practictioner,and would't bother to give him a rating on anything as he doesn't deserve anything but a discipline action.

February 21st, 2014
save yourself time and money and find a real Doctor. This idiot brings a whole new meaning to the words "practicing medicine" unfortunately you the patient is who he will be "practicing" on. He did test on me they came back all over the place and he didn't want to see me about it for three months!!! Are you kidding me, his nurse can't answer very basic questions, don't call someone with bad test results then answer every question with "I don't know" why are you calling shouldn't the Dr be calling then. when I called my ob/gyn to ask them what to do which had NOTHING to do with ob/gyn care I just didn't know what else to do, out of kindness they called Dr. Lochamy's office and had them fax over the test results the ob/gyn office determined the levels of the results couldn't wait three months for treatment the ob/gyn referred me to another internal medicine Dr. who couldn't believe Dr. Lochamy didn't start treatment right away and said it wasn't the first time they had seen this happen with a patient from Dr. Lochamy. So glad my ob/gyn cared enough to help and didn't even charge me a dime to call over to help figure things out and get the results and read them. DON'T RISK YOUR HEALTH GO ELSEWHERE!

April 22nd, 2010
Competent and caring phsycian
He has a wonderful manner in dealing with people and is very personable, does not talk over your head, but puts complicated medical concepts in everyday workmans terms. He is very knowledgeable about diabetes and related complications and treatments. He tries to make treatment fit the lifestyle of the patient.

October 8th, 2009
I had high hopes for this man. I came here from NYC where I had excellent doctors. I had surgery 4 months before moving to JC. I got a bad skin infection called Cellulitus and was already a patient of his but got very sick on the weekend so went to the ER. The ER put me on meds and said to follow up with my primary. My primary, Lochamy mentioned maybe it was FLESH EATING DISEASE. I looked at him shocked but let him check me out, he said YEP, looks all cleared up and sent me on my way. No blood tests or anything. 3 days later I got deathly ill again and went to his office and he still really did not know what cellulitus is and just gave me some antibiotics. I could tell I still had it in my leg when the 6 days of meds ran out and called his office first thing Friday to request a refill. I never heard back until I called again on Monday, I had already gone to the ER on Saturday that weekend but still called to find out why they did not attend to me when I was ill with an infection that was not cured. His rude nurse got back on the phone and said he did not want to refill meds or see me and I needed to see my surgeon in Florida! I was astonished and still believe he needs to be reported to the board.The ER even looked shocked since they are all I could go to to get care. This is a serious infection and I was very ill with high fevers and not able to walk. This man could have caused me great harm if it turned into staph without helping me for 4 days.I fired him in the end and said I would from now on make sure a doctor knew what he was doing and what cellulitus is. He should retire.