Dr. Richard Lochhead, MD
Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

by Teodora Shinn on Aug 15th, 2016

Dr. Richard Lochhead, Neurosurgeon in Boise, Idaho was referred to me by my neurologist, Dr. Rodrigo Lim from Grand Ronde Neuro hospital. Dr. Lochhead is the doctor you would want to treat you/ take care of you. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis (dystonia) and when I first met him, I was very impressed with his caring and the kind of treatment he provided in explaining my condition. I was in so much pain and he made sure that I was comfortable before any surgery was done. Dr. Lochhead explained in plain English (not medical terms) to help ease the pain. I have suffered long enough and I felt very comfortable that I agreed with surgery. Dr. Lochhead is so caring and I can go on and on talking/writing about his assessment and care plus bedside manners in taking care of me. After surgery plus a follow up appointment, I was so pleased with him. Dr. Lochhead and his amazing staff, David, his PA and Christina, his nurse are the best! There's no dilly dolly with him; but it's more of the " I want to see you pain free and enjoying life." I strongly recommend Dr. Lochhead to anyone or everyone in pain and in search for a neurosurgeon. You can trust him and know you're in good hands😊

by Darlene Mingus Ola, Idaho on Jun 12th, 2016

Dr. Lochhead is one of the most thorough doctors I have ever been to. I have lung problems so he had specialty lung people there during my lumbar L4L5 decompressed disk with a nickel sized cyst touching my spinal fluid. He even had my doctor write to him personally stating my lungs were up to surgery. And I had to have x-rays, etc. I highly recommend him to everyone. He is very calm and reassuring.

by Darlene Mingus Ola, Idaho on Feb 5th, 2016

Dr. Richard Lochhead is the most thorough doctor I've ever been to. Before he would even consider L4L5 with a cyst touching the nerve surgery I had to have a nuclear bone scan to rule out cancer, blood tests, chest x-rays, go see my lung special and have her send him in writing that my lungs were ok to have surgery because I have 3 lung diseases. He came in and explained everything to me and my family what he was going to do and after surgery what he did do. They had a pager during my surgery that told them my progress as surgery was going on, etc. He is a very pleasant doctor and easy to work with. I am very pleased with my surgery results and I would highly recommend as a first choice for anyone considering spinal surgery.

St. Alphonsus ICU show details St. Alphonsus ICU
by The Dailys on Feb 19th, 2015

Our son, a freshman in college, was treated by Dr. R Lochhead. We were comforted by his enthusiastic, cheerful confidence in a difficult situation that we are thankful for his help with, including a positive outcome!

Very professional show details Very professional
May 19th, 2014

He is an outstanding surgeon and takes a real interest in his patients.