A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Lovanio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Lovanio, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Lovanio, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Colorectal Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Lovanio graduated from UMDNJ, Newark. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Lovanio has 2 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Medical Center
- St. Vincent`S Medical Center, Bridgeport CT
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lovanio accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Anthem - 19 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 8 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 7 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans