Dr. Richard Lubens MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Brockton, MA

November 6th, 2014
Dr. Lubens is Great - Only Problem is a Front Desk Person
Dr. Lubens has been my PCP for many years. He is a great doctor. I would refer friends to him in a heartbeat. My only problem with going to him is one of the front desk workers. I recently turned 65 and am now on Medicare. I went to a seminar on identity theft and was told to white out my social security number on the Medicare card except leave the last four digits. This front desk worker always did have an attitude but when she saw the numbers had been eliminated, she freaked out. I told her I will give her the numbers needed but she rambled on and on about how she had never seen that and that their office sees hundreds of Medicare recipients who don't have their social security numbers covered up. This person always had an attitude but now I think she is just not a good customer service person and should not be on the front desk. She should either retired or they should put her in the back where she doesn't have to wait on the public. Next time I have to see Dr. Lubens, I am going to be ready for her and just ask her why she doesn't retire. She obviously doesn't like her job.

June 7th, 2014
Not a good start to dr/patient relationship.
Saw doc for 1st time after visiting ER with nerve pain. Dr was pleasant guy. I needed a new PCP, Took 3 weeks to get appt. Dr prescribed med to help with pain & ordered MRI. After 10 days the meds still didn't help, MRI still not scheduled. Called dr office, nurse told me dr refused to prescribe meds that would help with pain til after MRI, which has been scheduled for next wk. so I will continue to be in pain for at least another week, going on 5 wks, because this dr won't offer me pain meds without MRI. Basically calling me a liar. Not a good way to begin a dr/patient relationship. Told him I hadn't had a PCP or physical since I was 18, expected some type of suggestions for standard tests that a 42 yr old male might have, ( cholesterol, diabetes, etc) I don't know, whatever one might expect at a yearly physical. Like I said, I haven't had a physical since I was 18 & I'm 42. But nothing! I'm thinking i need to find a different doctor.

April 17th, 2012
a visit feel like talking to friend who cares.