Dr. Richard Lucey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Lucey?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Richard Lucey?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 10th, 2016

Very good doctor , just be honest and up front with him. He will help you in the beat ways he can help you. He listens and he cares but he does not play games.

September 26th, 2015

Significantly diagnosis and quality of life improvement with single , safe medication. Severe pain and suffering from past traumas is now negotiable. Quarterly sinus infections eliminated for over five years

March 11th, 2015

upset

He didnt seem to care at all about anything i had to say

November 25th, 2014

A Yankee with "OPEN" arms (and wandering hands!)

I went to Dr. Lucey for chronic pain, something I've dealt with for several years, and was placed back on subutex, the one medication I have had no reaction to and have not had my quality of life disturbed in any way. First visit was brutal, w/Dr. Lucey literally making me feel as though I was on trial. I brushed this off and answered his questions, attributing his 'interrogation' to a doctor being extra cautious these days, with many drug addicts seeking a fix, rather than treatment. The months following (as I had monthly appointments), I met every requirement the office had as a part of their 'Subutex/Subozone' program, if you can call it that, even though I was considered a pain management patient, but was continuously treated as an off the street drug seeker. Then they start raising prices, by a large sum; a few short months later, they raised the visit prices yet again. I was a manager and buyer for a local company in town, and a disgruntled employee who knew I saw Dr. Lucey for pain management, as it was not something I was ashamed of at all, was let go for poor performance, and made an anonymous call to the doxtor's office, claiming I was using my medication IV and selling it. What a joke! I went to my next appointment, as usual, and when I walked in the office, the 'atmosphere' was different. I was informed I would be 'watched' while I took my urinalysis, which I was observed by a nurse. I passed it, as I did each month. When I got to the examination room, the good doctor came in and point blank asked me in a street term I did not understand if I had been intravenously using my meds and selling them. I was stunned, and informed him he was mistaken. He called for a nurse, she came into the room to 'witness' his mockery of an exam. She FACED THE WALL--at HIS verbal direction!! He did not put on gloves, and he did, what I suppose is 'run of the mill' search, looking at my arms and legs, then he looked at my torso (?), and some alarms started ringing. Then the good, cold handed Yankee doctor placed his hands on my breasts, and he was no longer looking for track marks, of which he found none anywhere. I was shaken, almost incoherent, by the time I got home to my husband, who was outraged. We decided it was not worth the time and effort, nor the publicity, as surely it was a one time occurance, and left it alone. We both kept wondering if I was the only one, which we highly doubted. I went to my next month's appointment, and was told again-by a different nurse-my drug test was to be observed. Fine. I did so. She came back awhile later and stated it had 'spilled,' and they would need another test. Once again, FINE. Just get it done, already! A different nurse 'observed' this 2nd test, which I passed, as I know I did the first one that 'spilled.' I was brought into the exam room, and in comes Dr. Lucey. He acted as though it was the first visit-The Interrogation. He repeated word for word the same accusation from the disgruntled employee from the previous month's visit, I reminded him we had covered that the last appointment, he brushed me off like a fly. He then SPECIFICALLY called for the same nurse, even though she was busy and there were other nurses available, she came in the room, and once again, he indicated she face the wall. Once again, he wore no gloves, he checked my arms, legs, and then proceeded to check my torso and placed his hands, that were icy cold, on my breasts. When he was done, he dismissed the nurse, turns to me, and without provocation or warning, when he was made fully aware of my recorded reaction to Suboxone, per my previous doctor in another state, he informs me he is changing my medication to Suboxone from Subutex, as well as dropping my doseage from 2 a day to barely 1/2-1 a day. I took the prescription, I thanked him, and I left the office. I ha a new doctor the next day, and he even stated he was APPALLED any doctor would make such a decision in reference to my medication, my medical history, as well as the known fact my husband and I were actively trying to get pregnant, in which the other medication he attempted to place me on is considered to be dangerous in those events. I never looked back, and it is a decision I do not regret today. I only regret I did not speak up for the other possible women he may have placed in the same position. The day he stops practicing medicine in any and all capacities will be a good day.

June 2nd, 2013

Quality of life

My quality of life and career had deteriorated due to chronic pain from earlier in life traumas and repeated injuries & vehicle accident. He required all the right tests and diagnosed a treatment that has me working full time and managing/engineering seven digit projects again. Before his plan I would need a day to recover for every day of working job sites. I also had chronic sinus infection every quarter. I have not had one in five years since his treatment plan started. He has been concerned and compassionate to this patient forever indebted for his returning quality of life.

September 10th, 2017