A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Richard Newton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Newton, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Newton graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond.
Dr. Newton has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Newton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 21 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard M. Newton practice?
Dr. Richard Newton practices Internal Medicine near Roanoke, VA.
See Roanoke Internists.