Dr. Richard Magill MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

March 29th, 2016
Stay away

February 25th, 2016
yoyoyo
i love this guy

August 11th, 2013
I went to Dr. Magill for pain in my hand and was told I needed a fusion operation. He said It would take 8-10 weeks in a cast and then some therapy and I would be ok. Well I was in a cast for 10 weeks and they were pained filled weeks. I later found out he put 2 rods and three screws in my hand, which I was never told about. The cast came off and my hand was frozen. I began intense therapy which started to help but the time frame for any kind of partial recovery was 3-4 months. Then I found out that the screws he put in my hand had shifted and now I need to have another surgery to have them removed. This guy has zero bedside manner. He mumbles when he talks to you, gives no information. You get very little help from his over stressed staff and have to wait at 1-2 hours to see him with an appointment. I have had several surgeries in the past but this was the worst and by far the worst doctor I have ever had. I don't even know if he is a good surgeon but he rates a zero as a caring doctor. Avoid like the plague......

October 6th, 2011
OMG!!!!
Reading these reviews puts chills up my spine. I had wrist surgery, he opened up my hand and I really don't even believe that he had to. I cannot flex my wrist either up or down any longer. He insisted I would get 50% of my range of motion back. I had the same experience with the pin removal as the other reviewer, now I have problems with scar tissue in that area. My therapist and I believe that he broke one of my fingers during surgery, he insisted he did not. It's still crooked five years later. My surgery was scheduled for 10am and I did not have it until 10pm. He was doing surgery on a baby, so that part was okay, but that's a long time to wait. He has no bedside manner whatsoever. I was in a cast for 10 weeks and had scar tissue on every part of my hand. He insisted that he would not surgically release it, so we had to literally pull it off ourselves in therapy. I had a wonderful hand therapist and it's only because of extremely painful therapy and very hard work on both of our parts that I have a decent use of my hand. Unfortunately, I will not recommend him to anyone. It really is a shame.

November 25th, 2010
Made me wait @ least 2 hours. Didnt show me xrays or even look @ me while i talked. Didnt explain much and heard complaints about him from several other patients in the waiting room

June 18th, 2010
Worse off then before I went in to see him
I came in to realign a broken finger which was slightly twisted from not healing properly. He told me recovery would be 6 to 8 weeks, (I am on week 11 with no relief in sight). He came late to the surgery, didn't spend more than 30 seconds before hand, never spoke to me after, and in the end he broke my finger in multiple places and I am told that it may never heal again. It looks like he ruptured something in my finger towards the tip, preventing it from bending. I have been told that I may never have use of the tip of my finger again. I repeat DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR, he doesn't care about his patients at all, and he tries to churn out as many surgeries as possible. He couldn't take out two simple pins that were pushing out of the surface and I had to come back twice to finally get it done.After he figured out that it didn't heal properly he still never addressed me or answered me what happened. I had to go to another doctor to find out the extent of my damage.Also, expect over an hour an a half wait time, and a cold hearted staff.

December 12th, 2008
Dr. Magill did an arthoscopic procedue on my wrist in order to repair a torn ligament. It took his group 3 YEARS to realize what was wrong, and in the meantime gave me every test in the book. After finally doing the procedure, everything seemed fine until it was time for him to remove my pins. My mother and I were the only ones in his office and he was quite literally digging around trying to pull them out. He consistently had to go DOWN THE HALL to check how he put the pins in. After at least an hour of him pulling and pulling (and more and more blood), the pins finally came loose. He did refer me to an excellent hand therapist and all seemed normal. After around 2 years past my surgery, I began to have pain again, and sought another surgeon. It was at this time that I found out that he had put an anchor in my wrist without telling either my mother or I. I have been seeing surgeons for 5 years since his surgery to find the source of my pain, and, this past summer, had the anchor he put in removed. Ever since, I have had no pain. His office was always running at LEAST 1.5 hours late and some nights we would even be locked in the building. It was NOT a pleasant experience.