A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Matthay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Matthay, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Fluid in Lungs (Pulmonary Edema)
- Fungal Lung Diseases
- Localized Scleroderma
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchogenic Carcinoma)
- Lung Diseases
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Pleural Effusion
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Matthay graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Matthay has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Griffin Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Alexander Matthay MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Richard A. Matthay practice?
- Dr. Richard Matthay has 2 office locations.
Dr. Richard Matthay practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Branford, CT.
See New Haven Internists, New Haven Pulmonologists, and New Haven Critical Care Practitioners.