A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Matthay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Matthay is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Matthay
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Matthay Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Matthay, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Fluid in Lungs (Pulmonary Edema)
- Fungal Lung Diseases
- Localized Scleroderma
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchogenic Carcinoma)
- Lung Diseases
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Pleural Effusion
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Matthay graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Matthay has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Griffin Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Alexander Matthay MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Richard A. Matthay practice?
- Dr. Richard Matthay has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Matthay practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near New Haven, CT.
See New Haven Internists, New Haven Pulmonologists, and New Haven Critical Care Practitioners.