A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Mattison:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mattison
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Mattison Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Mattison, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Child Behavior Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Learning Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Speech Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Mattison graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Mattison has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Edward Mattison MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Richard E. Mattison practice?
- Dr. Richard Mattison has 3 office locations.
Dr. Richard Mattison practices Psychiatry near Stony Brook, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Harrisburg, PA and Hershey, PA.
See Stony Brook Psychiatrists.